10%

Juliet

NEVER WOULD I have imagined in a million years that I would be watching The Beatles record in Abbey Road Studios.

But yet here I was, behind the glass, watching the young rock and rollers jam out with the brightest of grins on their youthful faces. George, although happy, was very attentive to his guitar. While John and Paul bickered over their melodies and who should sing lead,George quietly sat in a barstool, gently listening to the chords and tuning his Gretsch.

I watched in awe of it, history in the making. John's classic Rickenbacker, Paul's Hofner, Ringo's classic drum set. I took in the details of their trademark instruments and took mental photographs, keeping this very moment in my mind forever.

"Alright boys, first take, Please Please Me." The famous George Martin said over the intercom and I rushed up to the two way glass to see the magic being made.

"One, two, three, fah!" And away they went.

With wide bright eyes, I watched my favourite band in the entire universe sing their hit single that launched them into a new realm of fame. I leaned against the sill of the window pane, with a hearty chuckle from George Martin, he slid up a lever.

"I don't wanna sound complaining
But you know there's always rain in my heart (In my heart). 

I do all the pleasing with you, it's so hard to reason

With you, whoah yeah, why do you make me blue?" 

I sighed at the classic song, watching George skillfully strum at his beloved sleek guitar. I'd never seen anyone so- enthralled by something, much less someone, in my entire life. These boys adored their careers, and it was clear to me now, that it was never a chore for them to repeat takes or to start anew on another day.

Because they were happy just to have the opportunity to play for those who would listen.

"Great take boys! One more time from the top now, George, do you prefer coming in more softly with the riffs or more louder?" Martin asked, and the boys snickered at the innuendo and George nodded.

"I'll ease into it, if it's alright with you Martin." George said with a cheeky grin, as if he knew something I didn't.

"Nice to see you enjoying the show, love." He said, looking directly into my eyes and I looked around, and Martin snickered.

"I lowered the tint."

I shoved him and I covered my face in utter horror, my hands spreading like a fan over my eyes. I peeked out of my finger and saw George with an amused grin and John staring blankly at me.

I veered my eyes off of John's scrutinizing stare, and moved my gaze to Paul.

"Alright alright, come off the girl," Paul defended with an eyebrow raise.

"But keep your jaw closed, love. You'll catch flies."

After five hours of straight jamming, the boys deemed it time for a snack. Or as George put it, a pre-dinner. That boy could scarf down your entire plate of chips without so much of a blink.