23%

JULIET AND John sat close together in the cinema, watching some film with Marilyn Monroe and another man that they couldn't place a name to. Not that they really cared about the movie they were watching. They were only searching for the sweet escape that the darkness of a theater could provide them.

John, although still deeply in love with the magnificent bird beside him, felt almost ashamed of the way he tried to win her over. She's been through so much just to be here, safe and with George.

But John knew he could show her a life more grand and full of adventure than George ever could.

The film ended, and it was still raining cats and dogs outside of the theatre. So, being the clever man he is, John had taken off his coat and held it over Juliet'd head while they walked down the sidewalk to find a pub. The 22 year old and 19 year old looked like a fresh faced couple to those around them, laughing and smiling at each other.

Both of them sharing pain that their partners in life could never truly comprehend. Juliet thought a ridiculous thought, John Lennon in the future. Not as an old man, but as he was right now.

Would he be obsessed with instagram and advocating against political issues? Would he wear vans and skinny jeans? His hair would certainly remain the same, but his attitude would be rather different.

"John, please! Stop, I don't need you to cover me! I'm alright!" Juliet giggled as John kept sheltering her with his coat, sniggering as he did.

"No can do madam, it is my honour and duty to protect Lady Juliet from the rain." John said in a posh accent, causing Juliet to erupt into yet another fit of laughter.

In another life, I could love you. In another life I could be with you. My heart doesn't truly lie with you in this one.

"John, come 'ed! Here, look, the Marylebone Head. Let's get a bevvy, yeah?" Juliet suggested, making a sharp turn into an alleyway and into the cozy Londoner pub.

As soon as they entered, the scent of bangers and mash forced its way into their noses, reminding Juliet of her home. The small pub was packed to the rim with businessmen and young women all laughing and chatting away carelessly.

Juliet grabbed ahold of Lennon's soaking arm with a zany grin and moseyed the both of them to the forest green bar counter, and she flashed a smile at the bartender.

"G'day, uh, Roger, could I get a bevvy for me and me mate here, yeah?" She asked the young man behind the counter with curly blonde hair and crystalline blue eyes. John squeezed in beside her, shaking his hair like a wet dog, getting Juliet all wet with rain water.

She giggled, shoving John to the side playfully, keeping the wild Lennon at bay.

The overly-confident bartender batted his eyes at Juliet and grinned flirtatiously, nodding eagerly.

"Oh, of course love. Would ya like an American draft or British?" Roger asked only the young time traveler, completely ignoring the fact that John was right beside her, and sopping wet.

"British, what kind of question is tha', mate? No respectable Englishman or woman would even dare take a drop of that American rubbish!" John protested with a halfhearted grin, looking almost mad as he spoke to the over zealous bartender.

Roger backed off considerably and gave Juliet and John two British lagers and moved on, much to John and Juliet's amusement.

Now, the two finally alone, John asked a risky question that he had been internalizing all day.

"Now what is up with ya love? I see it in yer eyes, yer holding a lot in." John asked, startling Juliet with his boldness.

Juliet, of course, freaked, knowing damn well that she couldn't tell the truth to John, but he would know that she was lying. She had come to realize that he had some sort of superhuman sense to when someone was fibbing.

Biting her lip, Juliet chose her words delicately.

"Nothing, just all twisted up over George."

She took a hard swig of her bevvy, watching John's famous milky brown eyes narrow at her, but he didn't ask again. If she wanted to lie, so be it.

"Did ye at least 'ave a good time today, with me?" Lennon asked hopefully, nudging the time traveler gently and she nodded.

"Yes, of course I did. Yer a great pal, John." Ouch. Friend zoned to the max.

"Alright then, let's get ye and me arse home before another godforsaken storm washes London out."

__

John and Juliet arrive back at the shared flat at a halfway decent hour, spending the next several hours in the kitchen giggling over a glass of whiskey.

Getting drunk was one of Juliet's least favorite activities, because she was a lovey but sloppy drunk. John, however, the more experienced drinker out of the two, didn't get as inebriated as quickly as his crush did.

"John, I just want to say, that the future is shite. Like actual shite, politicians are corrupt,  and findin' a decent Mexican restaurant in London is 0 to 1. But I 'pose it's aight 'cos yer music is still hip and such." Juliet slobbered, drowning her sensibilities with a searing shot of whiskey.

Her hair was straying ever so from her carefully braided hair, and her lip stick was rather smudged, but John couldn't find her any less beautiful.

John laughed at Juliet's drunken ramblings, not taking any of it to heart. Why should he? He hadn't a clue of Juliet's true identity. But Juliet couldn't lie anymore, all of her words coming from her mouth just becoming Freudian slips.

"No but seriously... John Lennon... mega superstar... Ah! The filthy Englander!" Juliet shouted as Ringo came in with a broad grin, excited from the wonderful date he had been on with Maureen.

"Englander yes, filthy I'm 'fraid not! However I'm rather jolly, Maureen said she loves me!" Ringo jeered in a love struck haze, completely unaware of Juliet's intoxicated behaviour.

"Well, bravo to Ringsy! For finally snagging a bird!" John jabbed and Ringo didn't even notice his underlying sarcasm.

"I'm going to call her! Wish me luck lads!" Ringo stumbled away, almost seeing hearts as he thought about his fancy.

John adverted his eyes back to Juliet's expectant ones, full of intoxication and misery.

"The world is treating me baaaaaad, misery." Juliet sang in a terrible off-key voice, hiccuping as she spilled the bottle of whiskey she was holding on the table.

"Alright alright little miss ditty, let's get you all fixed up." John fussed over the hilariously drunk woman, peeling the alcohol from her hands and grabbing a napkin to wipe up the liquor from her face.

"I'm the kind of guyyyyy who never used to cryyyyy, the world is treating me baaaaad, misery." Juliet giggled once more, unaware that the brooding George had returned from his day out, listening to her sing in her drunken stupor.

"Y'know what John? Fuck it. I'll fuck up the future for him 'cos those lips are so irresistible!" Juliet sang cheerily, puckering her lips and John narrowed his eyes.

Again with the future. What is this bird on?

George inched closer to the kitchen, his heart thrashing in his chest.

"I'd fuck the future up just for him. He's worth it. George Harrison.... you future fucker!"