35%

CHRISTMAS, EVEN though the most wonderful time of the year, was terribly lonely without Juliet warm on his arm, whispering soft jokes and shaking with silent giggles.

George ventured back to Liverpool to spend the holiday with his mum and dad, and the rest of the Harrison clan at his childhood home. It was just like he'd remembered it, tightly spaced and distinctively home. A place he recalled wanting to show Juliet, her presence would have been the first Beatle fan in history to have set foot into George's safe haven on Arnold Grove.

God he knew their time together was only just an ephemeral blip in the cosmic scheme of things but he was going to be damned if he didn't make every second of their year together count. Before Christmas, George spent every waking moment searching for Juliet. London was mostly where he'd concentrated on, but London was a large city. He figured it'd take some time to suss her out from there.

But he just knew she was there, in London. Juliet wouldn't venture off too far in a city that she wasn't completely comfortable with. She was a creature of habit, much like himself.

Three and a half weeks was long enough for her to be away from him, George missed her terribly. His Juliet, his darling cherubic angel. The light of his life, the fire to his soul.

I love you too, Juliet. Just give me a chance to prove it before you naff off forever.

"Georgie darlin' you sure you've go' everythin'? Ya coat? Ya bits for a snack?" George's mum Louise fussed over her little boy, ruffling his hair as he stepped into the drivers seat of his mini.

"Yea, Mam 've got everythin' to keep me chuffed for the ride. Thank ye, for Christmas." George said primly, allowing his mother to give him kisses to his cheeks and gripping him tight on his shoulders.

"I know things 'aven't been right with you, and that's a'right. But all things must pass right luv? Whatever it 'tis, it'll come to pass." Louise said with a cheeky smile and let her son go.

George didn't know what to say, so he said nothing, but offered her a warm smile as he started the car, and began his ride back to the boys' flat.

George decided on sharing a flat with Ringo in the end, being around John who'd fancied Juliet and Paul who would constantly bicker with John to stick a sock in it, was a little too much for George to manage at the moment.

His boxes were packed, and so were hers. He decided on bringing her minimal belongings with him for safekeeping. After all, when she came back, she'd need clothes and feminine sort of products wouldn't she? Even her trabs from her own time George had saved!

George mused, convincing himself this spot of trouble was only a temporary situation. But if he were to be properly honest with the whole lot of it, Juliet was just a temporary fix. But he still had until November of 1963 to get his head around it.

Whilst driving, George noticed a single bus on the otherwise empty road to the flat. It was Christmas, who in their right bloody mind would want to take the bus out of the city?

And with a flash of familiar brown hair in the window of the bus, George's heart stalled. He knew her hair and that cute baby face from anywhere.

It was her, sitting primly in the only silver Lorry on the road, glancing out of the window and pouting those rosebud lips of hers.

Harrison could feel his own melancholic heart burst free from its icy confines, warming his body with a rush of infatuation at the sight of the girl he'd come to fancy.

In his excitement, George swerved only just a tad into the other lane to get a good gander at his ex-faux lover. Really, the story was hard to keep up with. He was willing to sacrifice a set future without Juliet, and have one with her that was unknown.