32 - Rai

Rai

Man, I was feelin' as nervous as a little virgin boy. I'd planned this night to be flawless. I just hoped it all went smoothly. With that woman, you never knew.

Monday, the day we – for me – started datin', Whitney talked about everything with me. She told me more than I think anyone has ever told me; she trusted me.

So, turns out, she has this bucket list - it's a 'What to do before I die' list -, and I picked some of the ones she shared. She blushed when it came to her mind that she probably shouldn't be tellin' me those secrets. Still, I loved the fact that she did. And today, she was going to be able to cross some of her wishes.

"Hi, Rai." Greg Gordon said when he opened the door for me to go in "Wow! You're all polished! What's the occasion?"

"Just dinner and a surprise." I said, grinnin' at one of Whitney's dads "I'll bring Whitney home in decent hours, I promise."

"Sure. Just make sure she eats well" Greg said, smilin'.

"Don't worry, Mr. Gordon. I assure you she'll eat" I promised; I hoped he knew how worried I was about Whitney too.

Another man appeared in the hall. The spacious front was now feeling quite claustrophobic. It was the other dad, Tom, and this one was less... smilin'.

"Huh, Mr. Gordon." I greeted, showin' my hand to shake the tall and broad man's hand; when he didn't take it, looking at me throw squintin' blue eyes, I swallowed hard and let my hand fall "I promise, huh, I'll bring Whitney home in, huh-"

Fuck! Why was I nervous?!

"I've heard you the first time." The man cut my word, and kept his face serious; talk about some poker face "Where are you taking her?"

"Tom..." Greg warned, squeezin' his husband's broad shoulder "You're scaring Whitney's date."

"No, no." I mumbled, clearin' my throat and tryin' to smile "It's ok. I'm takin' her to a Mexican restaurant. But" I added quickly when they both gasped "they know it's a special order, and I assure you they'll make the food just right."

Tom didn't look convinced, but Greg squeezed his shoulder again, and they exchanged a look. It took about ten seconds, but I knew somethin' was said between them durin' that short period of time.

"Very well. Just bring her home in the same condition she leaves" Tom said, and I got the... huh... hidden message in his words.

"Don't worry, sir." I mumbled again, shoving my hands in my jeans "She'll be home safe."

"Why am I being treated like a crystal shoe?" Whitney asked as she came down the stairs "I thought the evil twins were going to Jackie's place, tonight."

Wow... She was beautiful! I mean, she was always beautiful, but today she was... glowing. She was wearing a very flattering white dress, with short sleeves and about mid-thigh - loved that, obviously, her legs were gorgeous -, black heels and her long copper hair loose around her shoulders. She looked like a little princess, and I found myself tryin' to swallow, 'cause my mouth was dry. Still... she might be a little overdressed for my idea.

"We changed our minds." Tom said, his chin up as he looked at me "We thought it would be better to stay home. We'll go together to Jackie's some other time."

"Dad, I'm not gonna bring Rai home for a sex-caped" Whitney said, kissin' her dad's cheek, and I choked.

"Nice, Whit." Greg said, moanin' "That's the image we want in our heads: our teenage daughter having sex."