Chapter 12

Once we figured out where we were and where we needed to go, Miss Peregrine, Enoch, Jake, and I stayed in the control room while Emma went off to explain what was happening to the younger kids. Miss Peregrine changed into her falcon form and surveyed our surroundings. She became our 20th century GPS, in a way. Jake and Enoch worked on turning the ship around to go in the intended direction and I read from the map on the ground.
"Hailie, which way now?" Jake asked.
"Is that island on the left or right?" I replied.
"Left."
"Okay so then go right, but like not all the way. Southwest, there we go, head southwest."
"There you go, Hail, now you know your directions!"
"Shut up, Jake!"
This went on for hours. Enoch barely said anything to me, only to asking where to go when Jake wasn't paying attention.
"Jacob! Can you please help me with something!"
We heard Miss Peregrine holler from another room. Jake quickly walked out of the room, leaving Enoch and me alone. There was obvious tension in the air, you could almost cut it with a knife. I decided to break the silence first, wanting to get one question off my mind.
"Enoch, why are you acting so cold towards me?"
"What do you mean?"
"Yesterday, you kissed me. A lot. Now, today, you're acting like nothing ever happened and I don't exist. What's going on?"
"I'm not acting like you don't exist. I'm talking to you right now, aren't I?"
"Enoch, stop being such a smartass and answer me. That's all I want."
There was a long pause.
"Where now?"
"A little more west. Enoch, come on. If you tell me you don't want to be with me, I'll leave you alone. I promise."
"It's not that I don't want to be with you."
"Then what is it? It's like someone hit a switch in you last night and now today you're acting different."
"It's that I-I don't want to keep you here, in the past. This isn't your time. I'm so old, especially compared to you. You wouldn't want to be with someone who is as old as I am."
I was speechless. How could Enoch think I wouldn't want to be with him because he's old.
"Enoch-"
"Just save it, I know what you're going to say."
"Enoch, that's-"
"I know it's true, so why should I try to avoid it?"
"Enoch, let me speak, please."
This time he stayed quiet.
"Why would you think I wouldn't want to be with you just because you're old? You don't look old because right now, in this time, you aren't. I know you had a different loop before Miss Peregrine's and you aged in that one, as well as Miss P's, but that doesn't mean you're old. If anything, it means you're wise. You've lived through horrible things. Things that I will never experience. Hopefully, in the future, you can protect me from dangerous situations. You're never going to make me leave just because you think you're 'old'. If you want to age like normal, and stay in this time, I'll stay with you. I really want to make this work, us work."
During my speech, I had gotten up off the ground and walked up to Enoch.
"Why would you want to stay in this time just for me? Your life is so much better in the present than it will ever be here."
"Enoch, I'm not leaving you. You're worth staying here, even if you don't think so."
He was silent for a time, most likely processing what I had said to him. There was tension in the air once again.
Enoch turned away from me, facing the horizon through the window of the ship.
"There's an island on the left side, which way?" he asked.
I scrambled back to the map on the floor, searching for the island he was talking about.
"Southwest, still. Enoch, why are you avoiding this. I'm not going to let it go. I love the time I spend with you. I love hugging you and kissing you and holding your hand. I want to continue doing those things."
Enoch tensed in front of me. I simply stared at him back, waiting for his reply. He was still for a few moments, Then, out of nowhere, he turned, walked towards me, and pulled me off the ground by my arm.
"Enoch, what are yo-" I started before he interrupted me.
"Shhh"
Enoch practically slammed me against the wall of the room we were in and kissed me forcefully. (GUYS SLIGHT SMUT HERE but not like hardcore) He let go of my wrist and placed his hands on my waist, helping grind himself against me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands in his hair. Enoch pulled away from my lips and attached himself to my neck. He then began nipping and biting at my neck, adding to the ones I already had from yesterday. Enoch kissed his way up my neck up to my ear.
"You have no idea how crazy you make me," he growled into my ear.
There were so many butterflies in my stomach I thought I could float away.
I felt Enoch's hands slide down the back of my thighs.
"Jump," he mumbled to me.
I did what he asked and wrapped my legs around him. He reattached his lips to mine and carried me to the counter by the controls for the ship. He stood between my legs and pressed one of his hands pressed against my lower back and the other placed against my cheek. I ran my hands down his chest and stopped just before his belt. I started to pull Enoch's sweater off when we heard Miss Peregrine's voice.
(SMUT ENDING YALL ARE GOOD)
"Enoch! Hailie! I think the ship is fine. We don't need you to steer anymore!" she yelled from somewhere in the ship.
Enoch and I quickly fixed ourselves, just in case she, or one of the younger kids, came in. Once we were cleaned up, we stood in an awkward silence.
"So, are you going to pretend this never happened, again?" I asked, looking down at the floor.
Enoch wrapped his hand around my chin and lifted my head up.
"I would never dream of it" he smiled.
He gently kissed me once more before helping me down from the counter.
"Shall we go eat some food now, m'lady?" Enoch laughed, offering his hand out to me.
"I would love to, kind sir," I giggled, grabbing his hand and skipping out of the control room.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've had work and school to deal with. Leave any requests you have in the comments and be sure to vote! I love you guys!