Chapter 15

We've been on this ship for weeks with no luck finding any part of the eastern coast of America. While in the beginning, all of us were growing closer, there was a slow downfall. Things were getting tense between the children. Even Enoch and I have been at odds with each other for days. This morning, we were in the midst of our most recent disagreement.
"Enoch! You said you knew where we were going! If you did, we would be halfway to California by now," I hollered at the boy.
"We keep getting blown off track! I've been trying to direct us to the mainland! It would be good if you actually helped us instead of babysitting the little kids. That's what Mrs. Peregrine is for!" he yelled back.
We spent the next ten minutes arguing about stupid stuff that probably didn't even matter that much. After a while, I got tired of fighting, so I went to our room with Enoch following behind.
"Where are you going?" he screeched at me.
"Into my room! I need a break from this," I said, gesturing at the space between Enoch and I.
I slammed the door in Enoch's face before he could say anything else. I sat down on the bed and let the tears pour out of my eyes. I sat in the same spot for what felt like hours. I was just so tired of all the arguing and being scared that were were going to be found by wights. The hiding and running and the continuous fear for what could happen to us if we make a wrong choice. It's all too much to deal with.
Eventually, I heard a knock at my door.
"Enoch, go away. I don't want to talk to you right now," I mumbled.
"It's not Enoch," I heard a voice say from behind the door. With an American accent.
That only meant one thing. I got out of bed and trudged to the door.
"What," I grumbled.
"I just wanted to see how you are feeling. I know how you get stuck inside your head a lot," Jake smiled.
"Thanks. Yeah, I'll be fine," I said, hugging him.
Jake and I hung out in my room for a little while. He left when Emma called for him. Once again,  I was alone. While being with my best friend for a little while was nice, I enjoyed my alone time just as much. I was sitting on the floor near the small "window" that was in the room when I heard the door open. Jake must not have locked it. I had a feeling I knew who it was, judging by the deep throat clearing noise that I heard. It could either be Jake or Enoch, and I knew it wasn't Jake.
"I'm sorry." I heard him say behind me.
I ignored him.
"Hailie, princess, I know you're upset with me." he came up behind me and pulled me onto his lap. I didn't look at him, but I let him move my small body. "I've been thinking about how senseless and stupid and close minded i've been the past couple of days. I can't stand the thought of you being mad at me. Especially knowing that I could very possible lose you with everything going on."
I sat there and let him talk.
"Baby, please talk to me. I'm so sorry for how upset I've made you. If there is anything I can do, just tell me. I'm done with all this fighting."
I finally turned to face him. His eyes were red and puffy, probably what mine looked like from all the crying.
"You don't have to do anything. I'm sorry, I overreacted. I just think all of us are getting too cooped up and bored, being stuck on this ship with really nowhere to go." I smiled.
I finally figured out how much of a brat or baby I was being about this stuff. Enoch and I just sat in a comfortable silence for a while, relishing in the contact we had with each other. I was still sitting on his lap, my eyes tired from crying most of the day. Just before dozing off, I heard Enoch mumble something into my hair.
"I love you so much, baby."
I fell asleep right after I heard his soothing voice. When I woke up again, I was laying in my bed, cuddled into Enoch's side. I looked up at him and was met with his beautiful brown eyes. When he noticed I was awake, Enoch smiled like a dork with a sparkle in his eyes.
"How was your nap, princess?" he wondered.
"Excellent. Because I got to sleep next to you."
Enoch kissed my forehead gently.
"I love you too," I mumbled.
"What?"
"I fell asleep before I could say it back."
We laid in bed together for a little while, in a peaceful silence. After a while, Enoch broke the silence.
"I really love you, you know? You understand me like no one else does. You get the fact that technically, even though I'm in my, like, seventies, but I still want to experience what it's like to be a teenager because I never got to really see what it's like." he said, playing with my hair.
"What do you mean? What haven't you experienced?" I wondered.
"Lots of stuff. Sneaking out, dates around town, sex..." he trailed off.
"Is that why sometimes you're really touchy and grabby at me?" My voice was soft.
"Yeah, I don't wanna pressure you into doing anything you're not comfortable with but sometimes it's hard to keep my hands to myself. You're so beautiful."
Enoch was gliding the tips of his fingers up and down my arm as he talked. I felt so bad for him. I mean, I've never had a boyfriend prior to Enoch, so I'm in the same boat as him in that regard. The difference is, Enoch, having been stuck in the loop for most of his life, hasn't been able to really have a choice in the matter. For me, it was just I wasn't attracted to anyone that I saw. That, or people thought Jake and I were a couple. Enoch had a limited variety of people to interact with, let alone with people his own age. I decided, in that moment, that I would give Enoch everything in me to help him have an actual teenage life.
"I'll help you be a 'normal teenager'. Or, as normal as we can get it. Being stuck on a boat crossing the Atlantic Ocean with a bunch of kids with powers and a bird running away from people with no real eyes isn't really able to be considered 'normal'," I laughed.
"Thank you, baby," Enoch replied, kissing my head.
We cuddled for a little while longer, then I became the touchy, impatient one. I moved slightly so I could pepper Enoch's neck with sensual kisses. I felt him tense slightly following my actions, then he wrapped his arms around me and rolled over me, so he was on top of me, straddling my legs. I pulled away from his neck and pressed my lips against his. Enoch deepened the kiss by squeezing my waist, causing me to gasp. He slid his tongue into my mouth and I let him overpower me. Soon, I felt his hard on pressed against my thigh. I ran my hands down his chest to the waistband of his pants. I began undoing the bottom holding them up when we were interrupted, like always.
"Children! Time for dinner!" We heard Miss Peregrine bellow from the other room.
Enoch groaned. "Why does that always happen?"
"I don't know, love. Now, fix yourself before we have to sit with a bunch of little kids," I teased, kissing his cheek.