Chapter Nine

It's been about a week since the gang had started out on their journey, and they were now about 3 days into their stay on the Muraille Coast.

"So what are we going today?" Dawn asked happily, looking to her boyfriend. Ash glanced at Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena, who shrugged. Ash rolled his eyes and looked up, making that same face he always does when he's thinking.

"Did you wanna meet Amaura and Aurorus?" Ash asked, naming the two ice-rock prehistoric Pokémon.

"Oh my gosh yes!" Dawn exclaimed. Gary smiled too, excited.

"Then it looks like we're going to the Fossil Lab." Dawn's eyes lit up and she led the way out of Ambrette Hotel where they were staying and started walking off towards the beach. Ash chuckled and grabbed her arm before she could go any further. "It's this way." Dawn blushed and giggled.

"Okay." She allowed Ash to take the lead. Clemont had caught up with him and they were talking about science, Korrina, Bonnie, and Serena were talking about PokePuffs, so Dawn was left talking with Gary.

Serena watched Ash as she was talking with Bonnie and Korrina, smiling slightly. He was so animated, so lively, the old Ash had come back. He was off before, but now he's himself again. And she didn't even have to throw snowballs at him this time.

"What are you thinking about?" Bonnie asked. Serena shook her head, clearing her mind. Korrina was smiling too, both blondes looking at her knowingly.

"I was just thinking about the time I threw snowballs at Ash." Serena said, smiling fondly. She was so angry with him, and she had to knock sense into that dense head of his. Bonnie looked confused.

"When did you throw snowballs at Ash?" She asked. "I don't remember anything like that, and I remember pretty much everything about Ash." Then, seeming to realize what she had said, Bonnie blushed bright red.

"What was that Bonnie?" Serena started to tease. She caught what Bonnie let slip, and she was utterly amused by that tidbit of information.

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing!" Bonnie exclaimed frantically. Korrina was laughing. Bonnie's face was getting redder by the minute.

"You remember everything about Ash?" Serena asked, smiling.

"Huh?" Ash had turned around at the mention of his name, and he was walking backwards with his hands in his pockets. The sight he was met with was a strange one indeed. Serena looked mischievous, Korrina was cracking up, and Bonnie was blushing a bright, blaring red.

"Nothing!" Bonnie exclaimed squeakily.

"Nothing? Bonnie, you had a crush on Ash, didn't you?" Serena teased. Bonnie's face got even redder, if that were possible. Ash's cheeks darkened slightly and he laughed nervously.

"No! I don't know what you're talking about!" Ash rolled his eyes and laughed, turning back around. That was a charming new development.

"Yes you do!" Serena exclaimed. "You used to like Ash!" She was utterly delighted by this new development. It was adorable. Korrina was still laughing.

"Nuh uh!" Bonnie exclaimed.

"She's right Serena. She didn't used to have a crush on Ash," Korrina started, amused. Bonnie was about to breath a thank you to Korrina, but before she could get the words out, Korrina finished her sentence. "She still does." Serena laughed as Bonnie's face immediately darkened again.

"I can't believe this Bonnie!" Serena squealed. Korrina was giggling as she walked next to her friends. Bonnie was mortified.

"Okay fine." Bonnie muttered, defeated. The other two girls were still laughing and teasing her. "I have a crush on Ash. So what? Every other girl in the Kalos region, probably the world, has a crush on Ash. He's won 5 leagues, and is really handsome."