Chapter Twenty-Seven (Part Two)

The collision happened after a few seconds, causing a huge beam of light to shoot up into the air as explosions rocked the beach and displaced sand, forming a crater. Both trainers, and all of the onlookers, waited for the smoke to clear. Once it did, Ash sighed. Pikachu was standing over a fainted Gyarados.

"Gyarados is unable to battle, Pikachu wins! That means the victory goes to Ash!" Clemont called, officially ending the battle. James smiled softly, calling his Pokémon back.

"That was an awesome battle." Ash said, walking over to James and holding his hand out. James glanced down at the hand, then back up into Ash's eyes. He set his mouth and nodded, grasping Ash's outstretched hand as they shook. James had really gotten strong, and Ash respected him. Ash respected the man he used to despise. What a crazy world.

"I need to get my Pokémon to the Pokémon Center. We'll leave for Snowbelle tomorrow morning." James said. Ash nodded. The purple haired trained turned to leave, walking back towards town. Jessie and Jana followed him as the onlookers dispersed. Ash walked over and picked Pikachu up, cradling the tired Pokémon in his arms.

"Ash, that was an amazing battle." Dawn said softly, going up to him.

"Thanks." He said shortly. He was still irritated with Dawn. The dark blue-haired trainer sighed and left, irritated with Ash. Gary nodded at Ash once, then followed Dawn back to the Pokémon Center where they were staying. Bonnie came over and hugged Ash, then pulled her brother and Korrina away so they could help her train.

Ash looked around at the huge mess he and James had made of the beach. Something blue caught his eye, shining in the dying light of the sun. Ash jumped down into the crater, placing Pikachu on the sand as he stooped to pick the object up. It looked like a gemstone, flashing blue and purple. It couldn't be from Gyarados, Gyarados's scales don't change color. So what is it? Ash thought to himself. He pocketed it.

"Come on buddy, let's get you and Riolu fixed up, then I'm gonna go to the jewelers in town. I need to buy something." He muttered to his Pokémon.

~

Once he got Pikachu and Riolu back to perfect health, Ash sighed. He walked towards the Town Square without much hope. The other places he had stopped in the last few days didn't have the one he was looking for.

A small bell rang as he pushed open a glass door to a shop that looked promising. "Sorry sir, but we're about to close."

"I just need to look a little bit. I need a ring." Ash muttered. The jeweler's eyes sparkled, and a Skitty who had been lounging on a counter meowed. There was a Delcatty laying down next to one if he displays as well.

"Who's the lucky lady?" He asked, rubbing his hands together. The jeweler always loved helping men look for engagement rings, it brought him joy that there was more love in the world.

"The Kalos Queen." Ash muttered. "I never want to spend another night away from her again." The jeweler looked confused. "She was taken from me. I'm gonna get her back, and when I do, I'm going to declare to the world that she's mine and no one will change that, no matter how hard they try. They should've broke my soul, taken my life away, beat me, hurt me, or killed me, instead of touching her. It would've been a hell of a lot easier for them if they chose me instead of her. Now I'm getting her back, and I'll do whatever it takes."

"What do you mean taken?" The jeweler was slightly alarmed at the dangerous, brooding look on his customer's face, and the threatening words he was speaking.