Chapter Fifteen

Okay so here's the new version without the flaws from the last one. Once again thank you for pointing that out, I really appreciate it. Most of it is all the same, the only thing I'm changing is the interaction between Serena and Ash. I suggest those who read the other one read this new version instead, because there could be some interactions in chapter 16 that you wouldn't get if you didn't finish reading this chapter. I had to edit and change the storyline a bit to fix my mistakes, so that's why I highly recommend it. Thank you all again for bearing with me and my mistakes!!

*************************************************

"Breathe in and out. You'll do fine." Gary murmured to Dawn who had thrown herself into his arms for comfort.

"Are you sure?" Dawn asked. She always got nervous before going up on stage, but this time it was worse, because the last time she was up there, a wall exploded and Ash and her friends got hurt.

"I'm sure. You've been practicing hard." Dawn nodded and pulled away, then walked backstage. Gary watched her leave, then took the audience entrance. A little man he vaguely remembered from the last Showcase appeared in front of him.

"You are friends with the Kalos Queen, yes?" He asked, standing ridiculously close to Gary. He took a few steps back and nodded. "Well where is she?"

"In Shalour City." Gary replied.

"Well, why is she not here?"

"Uh, maybe because we got blown up in that top box, unless you don't remember. Some of us were more injured than others and had to come slower." Gary said reproachfully.

"Of course I remember, but she is supposed to be here! It is required for the Kalos Queen to attend all the Showcases! And since Palermo is gone, there is no one to watch the up and coming performers." Gary was starting to get annoyed with this little man.

"Serena has kind of a bad concussion and she dislocated her shoulder, you absolute twat." Gary snapped. The little man seemed slightly terrified of Gary now. "My best friend has two broken ribs, a broken nose, and a broken ankle. Do you think that if we all could be here we would've?" Scratch slightly. Try extremely terrified.

"I am sorry sir, I am just doing my job." The little man's voice was shaking.

"Well do it somewhere else." Gary muttered, pushing past the man to get into the arena. The man bounced away, and right before Gary entered the building he saw the little man talking to a tall guy with streaks of grey in his brown hair. The little man pointed towards Gary, and the tall man turned to look at him, his face changing colors rapidly. Gary shot him a sarcastic grin and disappeared inside.

~

Dawn was backstage, sitting on the bench and trying not to freak out. A girl with brown hair and green eyes appeared and smiled at her. Dawn looked up and thought she looked familiar.

"Dawn, right?" Shauna asked. Dawn nodded. "Hi, I'm Shauna. I'm one of Ash's old friends."

"Nice to meet you." Dawn replied. "Weren't you at the lab a little while ago?" Dawn asked, placing her face.

"Yeah. I don't think we ever got the chance to formally meet, so I guess this is us formally meeting." Shauna said, smiling.

"I guess." Dawn replied.

"I saw your performance in Lumiose, it was amazing." Shauna complimented, smiling. Dawn blushed.

"Thank you." She said, smiling sheepishly.