Pokemon Legacy: I Can't

Here's the promised preview! The first chapter of the next book is pretty much done, but I won't be posting it until tomorrow. Thanks for your support!

*************************************************

Ash waited patiently underneath the alter the next day. He had Gary, Clemont, and Luca at his side in their suits. Pikachu was on Ash's shoulder with a bow tie for the time being, but when the time came, the little mouse Pokémon needed to jump off and rush to the back where Serena would emerge, because he'd be the ring bearer.

Delia smiled happily watching her son stand and wait for his bride. His usually unruly raven hair was combed and nice for once, and he looked very handsome in his black suit. She could tell that he was nervous, but it was slight. His beautiful chocolate eyes were dancing with happiness, and Delia was so glad he was happy. 7 years ago, she thought he might've never been happy again, but then they went to Kalos and he found himself.

"Ash, look." Gary muttered, nodding towards the left side, about 3 rows back. Ash looked over and sighed, happy that she had come. He wasn't sure if she would, but he and Serena sent the invite to her anyways, because she was one of his good friends, no matter how messed up their relationship had gotten.

She was in a pink dress, her blue hair tied up into a ponytail, with her trademark yellow clips. She was smiling. Kenny was next to her, his arm around her shoulders. Ash mouthed a hi to Dawn, who returned the greeting.

"I didn't think she'd come." Ash muttered to Gary, who smirked.

"Me neither man." Gary replied. Suddenly, conversations were cut off as the traditional wedding march of Kanto started playing. The audience stood up, and Ash looked for his bride to appear at the end of the aisle.

A few bars in, She was there. Her mother was giving her away, as her father died many years ago. Ash's mouth dropped open and his heart skipped a beat. Her golden hair was pulled back into a collection of gorgeous curls that spilled over one shoulder, a flower crown of pines and leaves with a cluster of white roses around her head. Her dress hugged her curves and trailed delicately behind her as she walked. Serena was smiling beautifully up at Jonas she walked down the aisle, her hands clasped around the wildflower bouquet she was carrying, her cerulean eyes watering slightly. Ash was so overjoyed that it was finally happening, he felt his own eyes full with tears and his hands rose to cover his mouth.

Serena saw Ash's eyes turn watery and giggled happily. He looked so handsome in his suit, standing under the alter waiting for her. She wanted to run to him, but tradition demanded that she keep the slow pace she was walking. This was actually happening! Her heart was bursting! In a few short minutes, she would have the love of her life for all eternity.