Chapter Eleven

"You ready Dawn?" Gary asked the blue haired girl. It was the morning of her showcase.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Dawn said, smiling. She watched her Pokémon eat the food in front of them, thinking. She hoped Glaceon and Empoleon were ready. They trained hard, and after her win the first time, she was pumped.

"Hey babe. Good luck out there, okay?" Ash said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Dawn smiled, kissing the top of it.

"Thank you." Dawn stood up, calling her Pokémon back into their pokeballs. "I have to go sign up. See you guys soon!" She waved and walked out the door of the Pokémon Center towards the Cyllage City arena.

"Let's go guys." Gary said, smirking. Bonnie, Clemont, Serena, and Ash nodded, following Gary out.

~

"Miss Serena, Miss Serena! You're in the top box! Come now come!" The arena manager had jumped the five of them, smiling brightly.

"Oh, uh, I wanted to sit with my friends." Serena said, glancing back at Ash and the others.

"They can come they can come. This way please!" The bouncy man had started trotting off towards the front door, and the six friends had to rush to keep up with him. People around the outside tried stopping Serena and Ash, but the two of them managed to twist away from everyone. The manager lead them up an ornate spiral staircase and into a shadowed upper hall with a single door. "You must sit in that box, Miss Palermo should be there already."

"Oh, okay." Serena opened the doors.

"Enjoy the show Kalos Queen!" The manager was bouncing away, and Serena laughed sheepishly.

"Palermo, hi." Serena greeted, sitting next to the older woman. Palermo inclined her head at the young queen and her friends. Ash took the seat next to Serena, Clemont and Korrina next to him, and Bonnie and Gary sat in the row above. The contest hall filled up steadily, and soon it was time to begin.

Monsieur Pierre took the stage and announced the competition, and the first three contestants appeared. The first round was for pokepuffs. There were tons of gorgeous pokepuffs, and one competitor moved on each round. The last round came up, and it was finally Dawn's turn.

Dawn searched the crowd for Ash and the others, but couldn't find them. She was confused, and a little upset. Out of the corner of her eye she saw movement way up in the top box, and realized that they must be up there, and when the time started for them to make the pokepuffs, she felt better. They were here.

"Come on Lopunny!" She furiously beat the dough, throwing it in the oven. Afterwards was decoration time, and Lopunny was helping a lot. She brought a Sitrus berry and Dawn cut it apart with the knife while Lopunny arranged the cut pieces on the pokepuffs. When they were done, the pokepuffs looked amazing.

She presented her pokepuffs to the judges, and after serious consideration, was sent into the next round. Elated, Dawn hugged her Pokémon, laughing and smiling. She disappeared backstage to wait for the performances to start.

~

Once again, Dawn was last, and she was nervous. The girl who had gone right before her was gorgeous, and she had an amazing performance. The crowd loved her.

"Dawn, you're up." The red-haired assistant came into the performance room. Dawn inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm her nerves. She had just barely stepped onto the stage when a wall exploded.

~

Ash was watching Dawn take the stage hesitantly, like she was scared, Empoleon and Glaceon standing to either side of her. He cheered for her, as did all their friends, but that was lost when a wall exploded. Dawn was hidden from sight, and people screamed.