Chapter Forty-Six

"It is now day four of the Kalos League, and things have heated up! Our first round of semifinals will be starting in a moment, and then tomorrow we've got the final battle before the winner takes on the champion Sawyer! The arena is buzzing about Ash Ketchum, who is living up to his numerous titles! His last two battles were total wipeouts, beating everyone with his Charizard! A young trainer by the name of Bonnie did surprisingly well, she's battling Alain in the semifinals!"

Ash remembered he had seen Alain earlier, but never had the chance to say hi yet. Their battle six years ago was incredible. "Take your seats everyone! The trainers in the first battle are coming out of the tunnel!" The announcer yelled.

Bonnie and Alain appeared on the battlefield far below, both looking very confident. "Nice to see you again Alain!" Bonnie yelled across the field.

"Nice to see you too Bonnie. You've grown up a lot." Alain smiled. Bonnie grinned and called her first Pokémon out.

"Dedenne let's go!" The tiny mouse appeared from its pokeball, minuscule in reference to the battlefield.

"Metagross!" Alain called out his huge steel type, smirking. Bonnie was tough, but he would beat her.

"Mairin hi!" Serena exclaimed, catching sight of the trainer. She gestured to the seat next to her.

"Hi Serena, Ash, and Clemont!" She exclaimed. "It's so nice to see you guys again!"

"Same here." Ash grinned and then refocused his attention.

"That's so pretty!" Mairin exclaimed, catching sight of Serena's engagement ring.

"Wow, thank you Mairin." Serena smiled, looking down at the gorgeous ring.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Mairin asked.

"That'd be me." Ash grinned, looking back over. Mairin giggled.

"I should've guessed." She smiled.

"How about you and Alain? I could clearly tell he cared for you a lot." Serena asked, flashing back to the last time they saw each other during the Kalos Disaster. Mairin blushed bright red, her skin tone matching her hair. She held up her left hand, where a platinum wedding band encircled her ring finger.

"Oh my gosh! Mairin that's so great!" Serena squealed, hugging her.

"I would've invited you, but I couldn't figure out your address. It must've been rough when he left, huh?" Serena smiled sadly and nodded.

"It was. But he's here now and everything is alright."

"Battle begin!" The girls turned their attention quickly back to the field to watch the battle. It was 6 on 6, and Bonnie was doing relatively well, although it was only early in the competition.

"Dedenne use Rain Dance!" The sky darkened and rain started pouring from the heavens.

"Metagross use Meteor Mash!"

"Dodge it! Then use Thunder!" Dedenne was a blur as it jumped to the side, and a flash of lightning struck down, hitting Metagross right in the middle of its head. Metagross yelled in pain, but it was still okay.

"Psychic! Then Hyper Beam!" Dedenne shot up into the air, and a purple beam of energy hit it, sending Dedenne flying into a wall. When the smoke and rubble cleared, Dedenne fell forward, fainted. Bonnie called it back and thanked it, pulling out her second Pokémon.

"Delphox let's go!" The fox pokemon appeared from its ball, ready to go. "Flamethrower!" A huge torrent of flame exploded from the branch it always carried, surging towards Metagross and capturing it in a stream of red flames.