Chapter Forty-Eight

"Are you guys ready?" Ash asked his team standing in front of them. They all cheered. "You guys are the strongest team I could've ever come up with, and my best friends. I'm counting on all of you, and you all can count on me. Are you guys ready to bring it?!" His Pokémon cheered again, and Ash smirked. "Then let's do this."  He called his Pokémon back and walked out to the battlefield.

"It's a beautiful day here in Lumiose City! A perfect day for a Championship battle!" The announcer yelled. The audience roared and cheered, ready for the battle to start already. "It looks like our trainers are coming out folks! On the right, we have Sawyer, the current Kalos Champion! On the left is the challenger Ash Ketchum, Champion of 5 regions! It looks like the field is going to be a forest! How will that affect the outcome?! Who will the coveted title fall to? Will we have a repeat winner? Or is a new face about to take it all? Stay tuned!"

"Trainers, bring out your first Pokémon!"

"Sceptile I choose you!" Ash yelled.

"Let's go Slurpuff!" Sawyer was smirking.

"Battle Begin!"

"Sceptile use Leaf Tornado!"

"Counter with Flamethrower!" The fairy type let off a powerful Flamethrower, incinerating the leaves of Sceptile's Leaf Tornado.

"Fairy Wind!"

"Cut it up with Leaf Blade!" Sceptile's leaves sharpened, and it slashed through the fairy type move. "Now use Frenzy Plant! Climb it!" Sceptile used its immense speed to climb up the huge roots and vines that were grabbing at Slurpuff who was furiously trying to dodge the powerful grass type attack. Once Sceptile reached the top, ash called for Leaf Blade. Sceptile jumped off and dove towards Slurpuff, green streaks trailing behind it.

"Flamethrower!" Slurpuff looked straight up and unleashed the super effective move, causing some pause in Sceptile's advance, but it's velocity kept it going. Sceptile collided with Slurpuff hard, slashing at the fairy type. With a huge explosion, both Pokémon were flung backwards, crashing into opposite walls. When the smoke cleared, both were standing shakily.

"Sceptile, use Leaf Blade again!"

"Flamethrower!" The flames once again assaulted Sceptile.

"Push through it! I know you can do it!" Sceptile yelled loudly, still running towards Slurpuff. Sceptile slashed out with the powerful move once it got close enough, and once again both Pokémon were covered in and explosion. When the smoke cleared, both were on the ground, unable to continue.

"Sceptile and Slurpuff are unable to continue! It's a tie!" Ash and Sawyer called their Pokémon back, thanking them for their hard work.

"Clawitzer, let's go!"

"Pikachu I choose you!" Pikachu jumped onto the field, electricity sparking from his cheeks.

"Battle begin!"

"Pikachu use Thunderbolt!"

"Use Aqua Jet to dodge!" Clawitzer shot off to the side, the electric attack sailing passed and expiring on a stadium wall. "Keep it up and get behind Pikachu!"

"Quick Attack! Don't let I catch you!" Pikachu shot off into the trees, jumping from branch to branch while Clawitzer struggled to keep up.

Pikachu jumped back onto the little dirt path that ran across the length of the field between the trees, Clawitzer not far behind. Ash got an idea.

"Pikachu! Stop and turn around, use Thunderbolt!" Pikachu spun around and fired off the electric attack, sliding back with his momentum as he shocked Clawitzer full of electricity. Clawitzer writhed and screamed, the attack being super effective.