Chapter 18

Later on in the evening when the girl sat in one of the window seats along with Jules and Pandora she couldn't help, but think back to the Room of Requirement. It didn't surprise her that the boy became defensive when it came to the discussion of pure-blood as she had previously guessed he was one of the prejudice kids at school.

But what surprised her was the absentness in the way he spoke about it all. Yes, there was excitment and determination in the way he defended his side, but there was also this unusual tone to his voice. It was like this whole thing was burned into his mind. Like the words automatically flew through his mouth.

Actually his whole attitude was off that day. He seemed less agressive and snobbish than usual. His answers weren't so sharp and final, but quite foggy. It was like he wasn't truely himslef. Or at least the boy she had met before. She knew that if she had asked those questions before he would have probably cut her off or lashed out.

That day he was calm and even a bit lost. All the anger he had, had been probably used up in his breaking session. Strange, she thought to herself observing the empty courtyard through the window, which was covered in rain dropps.

"Con, is something worrying you?" Pandora asked making Constance turn and see the concerned look on her friends face. They were doing an assigment from Potions while Jules just doodled around every now and than doing actual school work.

"I am fine. I was just thinking about something," Con answered looking her friend in the eye and as always Pandora sensed the girl wasn't truthful, but didn't push.

"Hey, guys," Jules called out to them. "Look."

When the two older girls looked down at her they saw her eyes focused on something down the hall. Her lips were forming a small smirk for she was clearly amused by the situation she was seeing.

Constance and Pandora quickly looked down the hall only to see a nervouse struggling Vince and Elizabeth standing there and talking. It looked like Vince was about to make a move, but was a bit too nervouse to do it.

"I don't think we should watch," Constance said.

"Why in Merlin's beard not?" Jules asked incredously still observing the event taking place.

"Because... They're having a private moment. I mean you wouldn't like someone else watching you struggle with a boy, would you?" Constance explained herself.

Jules just gave her a look and shrugged,"They chose a public place so I think the rull of privacy doesn't apply in this case."

Constance rolled her eyes,"Pan please a little help here." The girl looked at the Ravenclaw for help, but recieved non as the girl herself was staring down the hall herself.

"Sorry, you're on your own this time Con," the blonde answered and added as an after-thought," if he teases me with Xeno, I'll tease him with Lizzy."

"What?" Constance asked with wide eyes. Pandora kept observing the scene ignoring her friend's surprise. "Did something happen that I don't know about?" Constance asked.

"He asked her on a date," Jules quickly stated.

"What?" Constance's eyes were wide.

Pandora gave her a quick glance and exhaled deeply as she saw her friend's hard stare,"He may or may not have asked me to go to Honeydukes. And I said yes."

The fair-haired girl just kept gapping at her friend," Why didn't you tell me?"

Pan shrugged,"I didn't think it was that big of a deal. We are only friends after all."

Constance gave her friend a look of disbelief. How could her friend be so oblivious to Xeno's feelings and yet understand everything around her?

"Guys look," Jullie whispered interupting the conversation.
They all looked to Vince and Elizabeth again. Noticing the girl stepping on her toes, before giving the Huffelpuff boy a kiss on the cheek.

"Aww they look so cute," Jullie couldn't help, but squeal making both of the fifth years glance down at her."No one hears about this, okay?" the first year said regaining her posture after the words that had seemed to slip. Both Con and Pan nodded glancing at the boy again. Only to see Elizabeth leaving and Vincent suddenly turning towards them.

"Quick act normal," Pandora ordered the girls. Each of them quickly grabbing a book in hand. Acting as if nothing happened.

Vince was whistling happily to himself nearig them more and more. He almost wouldn't have noticed them if it weren't for him almost falling over his younger sibling.

"What the-" he started and noticed the three staring at him before looking back to their books,"how long have you been here?" he asked looking from one to the other.

"Hmm, I'm not sure," Pandora began with a fake obliviousness."Do you know Con?"

"Hmm, no not really. You Jules?"she asked the girl sitting on the floor. Vincent was getting more and more confiused by the second.

"Actually," Jullie began with a smirk," I think we've been here just enough to see your disability to pucker your lips like this..." she began to demonstrate standing up in the proces.

"You little..." Vince began trying to be angry, but failed as he couldn't help but smile. Jules soon guessed what her brother's following actions would be and began running." Come back here now!" he ran off after her leaving Constance and Pandora laughing at the sight.

"Ah, siblings," Pandora dramatically exhaled making Constance shake her head.

The two slowly stood up and began pilling up their books to head back to their dorms before dinner. They began talking again as they descended down the halls. Pandora telling Constance about some newly discovered species she and Xeno read about. Apparently you could only see them at dusk.

They were just about to begin climbing the stairs when they ran into Albus Dumbledore.

"Good evening Miss Foster, Miss Jenkins," the elder man greeted both of the girls glancing from one to the other with his eagle like eyes.

"Good evening professor Dumbledore," Pandora said while Constance just stood there staring at the man.

The last time she had heard of him was from Professor Slughorn. And nothing good to say the least. She still was not sure what to think of the man she thought of as a role model, when he practicly decided to share personal details of her early life with someone who is a stranger to her.

Yes, it bothered her that he told people about her past, but what bothered her more was that he told Professor Slughorn of all the people in the world. The one person who was sure to spread every story possible on.
And Constance by no means found that okay.

"Headed to the library?" he asked noting the piles of books they were carrying.

"Actually professor to the dorm rooms," Pandora replied recieving a kind smile from the headmaster.

"Well, you should better hurry then. You wouldn't want to miss dinner," he told the two observing Constance from the corner of his eye.

The two nodded and were about to leave when the peofessor called," Miss Foster."

The girl turned around and took a few steps back while Pandora stayed in place.

"If you do not have any plans for tomorrow I strongly advise Honeydukes. They're serving a three for one Butterbear at 9," he said in a cheerful tone.

To say the least Constance didn't know what to think of the random suggestion so she gave him a nod."Thank you for the advise, professor," she said quietly before they both continued their own way.

When the girl reached her friend again, who was pretty curious of what the professor told her.

"What did he say?"Pandora asked.

Constance glanced at her a bit frustrated,"He advised me to visit Honeydukes tomorrow."