Chapter 17

A few days had gone by since the students had returned and everything returned to the usual. Every morning Constance woke up with a smile. She was relieved to be at Hogwarts again. Not that her time in the Nutcombe mansion wasn't fine. It was just a bit weird without the Remys'. Almost a bit depressing.

Hogwarts was the opposite. Everyone seemed excited as the new year began. Full of hope for the future.
All that seemed to put the Hufflepuff girl in a writing mood so she decided to go to her 'secret' room. Of course she was a bit on edge because of the possibility of running into her nameless buddy, but she just had to write. It was like her fingers couldn't handle a second more without holding a quill.

So she quickly put on her clothes and brushed her teeth before quietly hurrying out of the dorms trying not to wake anyone up for it was very early. She hurried down the abandoned halls with her satchel. Before entering the hallway where the door appeared she catiously glanced around at her surroundings then continued the speed walk.

As soon as Constance reached the table in the Room of Requirement and started writing she seemed to relax. Everything around her seemed to dissapear and become quiet. It was only her and her stories.

Time flew by like a blink of an eye. She got so caught up in her thoughts that she almost didn't notice another presence in the room if it weren't for them making terrible noise.

Quickly Constance stood up and went behind the warderobe near the desk. She knew who was coming so she might as well be prepared for the person didn't seem to be in a good mood at all.

"That....stupid...traitor..." he seemed to be muttering while stomping down the path to the table. He even puched into an old chair on the way not bothering with the pain it probably caused him. "Why couldn't he just be happy and do as asked.... he...left me....alone....move on..."

Constance couldn't make out all the words in the boy's quick and quiet way of speaking. The girl was curious of what got him so fired up, but kept quiet for a while feeling like it wasn't the best thing to do.

"That bloody traitor!" the boy raised his voice now losing control as he hit everything around him until he couldn't do anything, but fall on his knees panting. 

Constanance had been so focused on eavsdropping that she forgot her surroundings and bumped into a metal cup making enough noise for the boy to take control of himself quickly. Constance mentaly slapped herself for her stupidity.

"Who is it?"he asked probably already knowing who it was. Constance was still there unmoving caught off guard by the sudden rush of fear. Her breath was shaky as were her hands.

"You know I can hear you right?" the boy added when no one answered forcing Constance to take a deep breath and calm down. But the problem was she had no idea what to say.

Slowly she said," You caught me off guard."

"I think that goes both ways," he said the anger slowly draining away. "I really wasn't expecting company this early," he added as an after-thought while sitting down.

"I guess you're not the only early bird in the castle," Constance said relaxing a bit for he didn't show the angry or snobbish side. His anger seemed to have calmed down from all the hitting and breaking around.

"Who is the traitor?" Constance couldn't help but ask, which made Regulus rigid all over again. He had almost forgotten the girl had heard him before. She had been in the room after all.

"You know what never mind." She swiftly corrected her mistake as she sensed the possibility of  lighting up the anger again. "Are you all right?"

Regulus was surprised yet again, but this time in a different way," What?"
Was all he could choke out. It was a question that seemed so foreign to Regulus yet kind of great not that he would ever admit it.