Chapter 11

The potions classroom was like usually cold, but even more so being December and all. The Slytherins seemed a bit more used to that and weren't shivering like some of the Hufflepuffs were. One fair-haired girl in particular stood out to Regulus for she was shaking like hell making it hard to concentrate on anything else.

Professor Slughorn didn't seem to see as he brightly continued his lesson telling the class of the Draught of Peace and how to brew it.

The professor always used an hour or less to tell the students of the origins and ingredients before he usually set a prise for the best brewed potion.

Regulus along with the other Slytherin's liked that about the professor for he knew that he had to give something to get something in return.

But what he didn't find interesting at the moment was the lesson, for his mind was still on the letter he received. The only time he would be able to focus was when he'd be on the move.

Unlike Evan, who was sitting next to Regulus at the moment, The Dark Lord intrusted him with a much bigger task than the Rosier and that was what worried him.

"Alright, let's begin," Slughorn encouraged the students to start making the draught.

"Feeling a bit under the weather, Black?" Evan asked the boy as he stood in place when everyone else started moving. Preparing themselves.

Regulus waited a moment of staring blankly into the air before answering with a smirk, "Not in the slightest. "

******

Like always in potions competitiveness overcame most students. Friends would no longer help eachother, insted they would keep the key to their success a secret. That was at least what happened in Slytherin. And nothing was different for Regulus.

It was like as soon as Horace Slughorn gave the permission for the students to start brewing the environment became competitive and ruthless. Especially between Regulus and Evan, which didn't always end well.

It was like all that tension between the boys seemed to escalate in class and was released into the air that time a bit larger than most days.

This time luck was on Regulus' side earning Slughorn's prise, although he didn't really need it.

As soon as the end of class was announced everybody hurried and cleaned up the equipment needed. Evan was one of the first to leave.

"Thank you," Slughorn thanked some student who gave him something.

Regulus quickly threw his books into the bag and was ready to leave like the rest when Slughorn called out.

"Black. Foster. Please come here."

For a moment Regulus narrowed his eyes in confusion as to why the professor called him up. And why he called the Hufflepuff he noticed earlier shaking. The girl had light brown hair and was now a bit more calm than before.

He had seen the girl before, but still he kept his distance as she was associated with muggle-borns, which instantly eliminated her from his circle of acquaintances.

"You must be wondering why I've called you two here," the professor said when the two neared his desk both students keeping a bit of a distance between themselves.

"Not really, sir," Regulus said as he figured out where the conversation was leading. At least on his side. He didn't really care why the girl was there. "It's about the Christmas party, right?"

Slughorn happily grined at the boy and his quick mind," Regulus, my boy, you always do have the answers." The professor walked around his desk so he could be closer to the two students and leaned on it for support. "And as always you are right. I'd like to invite the both of you, actually."