Chapter 19

It was clear winter hadn't ended yet as Regulus Black made his way through the cold snowy weather

It was clear winter hadn't ended yet as Regulus Black made his way through the cold snowy weather. Snowflakes harshly falling towards his eyes because of the wind. It was quite cold, but that didn't bother him. His mind was to preocuppied with matters concerning a certain Lord.

As he walked through the village he turned down an empty passage between the houses and waited at the corner.

He had got a letter handed to him by Severus a few days ago informing him of the meeting. The place chosen for it couldn't be seen by others walking down the main street so it wasn't that bad, but it still wasn't ideal for the topic being discussed. Then again he couldn't just leave the school.

He kept craking his fingers turning them in every possible direction to help him relax.

"Regulus," a raspy voice suddenly called him from his right side making him turn around.

Quickly he noted the black curls running in every possible direction and the wild dark eyes. "Bella," he greeted his cousin, who looked even crazier than the last time he saw her. She had always had this intimidating appearance, but now it was becoming mixed with crazy wild kind of appearance.

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" he asked straightening his back even more than usual.

"The Dark Lord has approved of your last mission, but before he we are to make this official he is giving you another task," Bella explained in a sharp hush tone.

Regulus nodded as if expecting this, but never doubting the Lord's judgment. "What is it?"

Bellatrix kept a firm stare while saying the next words," You must find a way to enter Dumbledore's office. There is something our Lord urgetnly needs from there."

              ##################

"Drink, drink, drink!"

Maurice cheered on as Vince managed to drink the whole Butterbear in one shot.

"Yes!" Maurice exclaimed as the two celebrated the supposed victory. And Vince burpped making Constance cringe a bit.

"I am the ruller of the whole world!" Vince announced spreading his hands wide while standing, earning a few odd looks from others.

"Of the whole Butterbear world," Maurice corrected and Vince exepted it.

"Aren't you happy for me Con?" Vince asked as he sat back down on the chair.

His eyes were way too puppy-dog-like for Constance to say anything else, but this. "Of course I am. How can I not be proud to be friends with a nobel-man?"

Vince was clearly satisfied with the answer as he pretended to hold his head up high like looking at a crowd of admirers. In the meantime Maurice bowed at him making the girl chuckle.

Constance didn't know exactly how, but one thing led to another she ended up spending the day with Maurice and Vince at Honeydukes as Dumbledore had advised.

As Pandora couldn't come due to her other so called obligations Vince and Maurice were more than happy to accompany their friend. Pluse as they told her, 'Sugar and fun never hurt anyone.'

"Hm Con?" Maurice called the girl bringing her out of her daydreaming.

"What?" she asked looking at the redheaded boy looking past her.

He glanced at her before saying," I think you have a not-so-secret admirer."

Constance furrowed her eyebrows confused at the statement. Maurice nodded behind her and the Hufflepuff slowly turned around noticing a brown haired woman with big circles under her eyes staring right back at her.

The woman was quite pale with dark green eyes and streaks of grey hair pulled into the braid she was wearing. She was probably in her late thirties and there was this wierd mix determination and curiosity in her eyes as she continued observing the young girl.

"You call this admiring, I call that pure creepiness," Vince stated looking at the woman along with the other two.

"I'll go pay for the drinks," Maurice told Constance while touching her calmingly on her shoulder for he could see the worry in her eyes, which were still locked with the woman's.

Constance nodded thankfully as she wasn't sure she wanted to spend another moment under the brunette's calculated stare. Vince wasn't wrong when he described the woman as creepy. There was just something cold behind those dark eyes and Constance wasn't in a hurry to find out what that was.

"Come let's leave," Vince advised following Maurice who was already standing at the door.

He took the girl's arm and lead her through the crowd when he noticed her helplessness. He quickly led her past the people only bumping into a silver beareded man at the door.

"I'm sorry, Sir," Vince apologised to the man, who only gave them a thoughtful smile.

"It's all right," the man said and glanced at Constance just before the three disappeared.

When they were almost out of town the two boys stopped looking at Constance.

"Are you all right?" Maurice asked when the girl just stood before them with a blank stare.

She nodded finally looking up at their faces for a second or two. She continued with her silence but when she realised the worried looks weren't about to stop she added," I'm fine. Don't worry I was just a little bit shocked by the woman's stare." She thought back to the moment the next words just slipping out," There was jsut something so...cold about that stare." Suddenly she woke out of the trance," I probably imagined it."

"No, no. Don't worry I saw it too. There was really something unusual in her look," Vince tried to comfort their friend.

Constance only shook her head before putting on a smile," Nevermind I'm okay. Let's just forget about it."

The boys nodded one more believing her words than the other and left walking past the last few houses between which a dark shadow was standing. Leaving the allies a second after they left.