Chapter 22

As Constance came to the dorms in the evening she kept observing the dark land surrounding Hogwarts and the stars on the sky. Most of the girls in her dorm were already asleep.

Unfortunately Constance didn't have the luck as her mind was too occupied with the image of the house or rather cottage she found at the adress.

Curosity was still eating her up on the inside eventhough she had decided not to enter before. When the time had come to decide some small voice of reason, which is usually Miss Nutcombe's voice, made her turn around and leave. And the girl listened to it. Somewhere in the back of her mind she found her actions cowerdly, but she had no time to think it over when her eyes had come upon her three friends arguing about something.

She thought she heard her name somewhere in their sentence, however Maurice had been faster to notice her presence and pointed her out to the two.

Constance wondered what they had been talking about. If the three were actually following her.

"Constnace?" a tired voice of Rhiannon Jones asked as she sat up in her bed." Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

Constance looked at on of her room mates. Her black curles jumping in all directions while her dark skin looked even darker than usual in the shadows.

"I can't sleep. I'm sorry if I woke you up," the girl worried.

While the dark-skinned girl stood up she tried to rub the sleep out of her usually warm brown eyes. "Don't worry. I'm not sure how anyone can sleep with Mary's snoring being like a trombone."

Constance chukled finally noticing the really loud snors coming from the corner of the room."You know I was wondering what that was," Constance smiled making Rhiannon smile in return.

"Do you mind if I keep you company for a while?" the girl asked.

And Constance shooke her head in responce before she pulled her legs closer to make room for the other girl.

"I must admit it is a beatiful night to pull an all nighter..." Rhiannon quietly noted observing the scenery.

"You should see what this view lookes like in summer," Constance said remembering the sky without a cloude in sight.

"Maybe you should show me," Rhiannon said thoughtfully.

"Really?" the fair-haired girl asked looking incrediously at her room mate.

"Yeah. In the summer when you can't sleep again," Rhiannon started with a smile knowing Constance wasn't a big sleeper," and you see the perfect view wake me up. Then you can tell me what is so interesting about the summer, because personally all I see when I think of Summer is high tempetures enabeling me to play Quidditch. And you know how I can get when I can't play Quidditch." 

Constance smiled at Rhiannon remembering when the professor wouldn't allow her and her team mates to play. She was crazy Quidditch fan and for her going a day without a broom was nonsence.

"Deal," Constance smiled as they shook hands.

~~~

Regulus was walking down an empty corridor going towards the Great Hall when Severus Snape had appeared infront of him. Like always he appeared as if a ghost would. Completely out of nowhere.

"Did Rosier tell you about the meeting?" he asked in a mono tone voice he learnt to have in the years of school.

"What meeting?" the young Black asked with his brow already furrowed.

Severus only nodded suspecting Evan had intentionally kept that information from Regulus hoping the Black would lose favour in the Dark Lord's eyes.

The man started telling Regulus of the news pulling him a bit towards the corner. Quietly he spoke of the plans and the Black intently listened until in his opinion someone so rudely interupted.

"Well, would you look at who it is!" an obnoxious voice of a boy sounded through the corridor along with a group of footsteps.

"Hello, Snivellus," James Potter said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Potter," Severus muttered rolling his eyes. His voice clearly filled with venom as he took inthe sight of Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettegrew.

"Looking to get a new girlfriend are you?" James snickered before seeing Regulus' furious expression when being compared to a girl.

Sure the two had been standing pretty close to hear what Severus had to say and not be over-heard, but James of course being one of the famouse jokesters of Gryffindor had to make a joke about it.

"What did you call me?" Regulus angrily asked while clentching his fists harder and harder.

"Sorry Reggie. Didn't recognise you behind all that hair," James said acting as a girl fixing his hair, while Sirius laughed along with Remus and Peter.

"You will pay for this you blood traitor," Regulus spit out rage taking over him. He was even ready to punch James the only thing stopping him being Severus' hand and Sirius' face infront of him.

"Don't you dare call my friends blood traitors," Sirius slowly said looking his brother dead in the eye. There was something so familiar and foreign in those grey eyes that Regulus had known since childhood. It just left the boy frozen.

Eventhough his family had deemed Sirius a blood traitor and had burnt his picture of the tapestry, Walburga herself doing it, something seemed to break inside of Regulus. His brothers words cutting into a wound deep inside. A wound Regulus forgot he even had being busy with the task.

Thus he remembered his mother's words. And slowly but stubbornly he closed himself up.

"I can call a blood traitor whoever I want," Regulus quitly stated with a dark look in his eyes. A smirk was plastered on the boys lips, which only left horror in Sirius' eyes.

"Let's go," Remus said coming up to Sirius pulling him back along with James and Peter.

While Regulus proudly turned around completely ignoring the situation with Severus behind him.

Later on Sirius could only remember this as the moment he trully lost his brother. It wasn't when he had left him and their family or when he got into Gryffindor. No, it was in the moment where Regulus managed to lose sight of what was right. When he decided to lock his true feelings and instincts away. The moment he became a cold snake.

 The moment he became a cold snake