Chapter 21

It was a windy yet somewhat sonny day as the Hogwarts students sat in Transfiguration listening to the professor tell them about animagus, as one of the students seemed particularly interested in the topic and had asked the professor about it.

So was Constance for some time until her imagination got the best of her. At the topic of wizards transforming into animals her mind went crazy with ideas for her story. There were so many ideas she was even afraid she'd forget most of them so she started jolting down some.

As of lately everything seemed to inspire her, but no complete idea came to her mind, which really annoyed the young witch. Everything seemed to be done in half. That's one of the reason she had been avoiding the Room of Requirement for a while.

She felt like if she did bump into the boy again she shoulf at least have an idea of how to contiue her story. Even if the boy was quite snobbish at times his opinions did matter to Constance for they were thruthfull apart from the judgmental remarks about blood purity.

However, as of late there was something else on her mind. A few days ago the girl had got a small note in her bag. On the note an adress was written in neat handwriting.

It left the girl quite confused so she had turned the paper over only to see her name written on the other side, which only confirmed that it was not by mistake the note ended up in her hands.

Eversince all she was able to think of was what to do about. Since she had been little curosity used to get in the way of her shy nature and over the years at Hogwarts and some kids teasing her and some mean remarks she had mostly learnt to control it. However that year... It just seemed the control wasn't as strong as before. Nontheless she was determined to figure it out.

Next to her Pandora glanced at her friend a few times, but said nothing for she knew how Constance liked her privacy. Still there was a question or two that burned into her mind. 

She was a bit worried about Con as the girl had been even more distracted than usual. Lately it was like she was on another planet.

The blonde glanced hopefully at Vincent and Maurice in the back who were doing Merlin knows what. She didn't even know why she expected they'd know anything aboht their friends absent mindness. Well, Maurice did have some moments.

She continued to stare at the two snickering when Maurice finally noticed and bumped Vince in the arm. The tall boy looked over.

"We need to talk," Pandora mouthed to the two who only nodded and went back to their previous demanours of jumping around and snickering like they had some big secret. The Ravenclaw only shook her head and turned back around.

This is just brilliant. My only hope of figuring out what's up with my friend rests on two Hufflepuffs that act as if a monkey would when eating too much sugar.

Pandora thought to herself remembering all the glorious moments of Maurice and Vince over the years.

When the class ended Constance was one of the first to leave, which was completely out of the ordinary for the Hufflepuff. Pandora quickly acted on it for she knew the boys surely weren't about to.

"Hey," Pandora called out to Constance and grabbed her arm when she caught up with her in the corridor. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, sorry," Constance shyly said to her friend, but still kept looking nervously down the corridor leading outside. "I am sorry I didn't wait for you. I just..."

"Do you want to go to the library with me and Jules?" Pandora quickly asked too eager to see what her friend was going to say.

"Oh, no. I really am sorry for not telling you earlier, but I have to go." Constance fumbled with the words before practicly running away. "See you later," she yelled over her shoulder.

"Wait, where...?" Pandora was a bit late to ask as Con had already disappeared around the corner.

The fair-haired Ravenclaw was left speachless at what had happened until Vince and Maurice hadn't come behind her.

"Boys, how would you like to be James Bond for a day?" Pandora asked the two.

"Who?!?"

~~
For some reason the Hufflepuff girl kept tapping her fingers agains her leg trying to lessen her nerves. I mean who wouldn't be if they were meeting an unknown person at an unkown adress? Well if there even was a person at that adress.

But that hadn't been occuring to Constance for quite some time now. She had managed to control her jitters and anxiousness, however it seemed to have got the best of her.

She took a deep breath as the house came into view and just stopped in her tracks.

It was a house like any other in Hogsmeade. Maybe a little older than most, but clearly taken care of. One side of the house had a flower climbing up it's side with small light red flower buds all around. The door quite small and wooden showing the decades it has served.

Constance just kept staring at it for a while contemplating her next move.
Should I enter? she thought to herself.

"Oh, this is just great," Pandora exclaimed when glancing around Hogsmeade noticing there was no sign of their friend. "We lost her."

"Pan you need to breathe. It's not like Con would ever do something dangerouse. You know she really isn't the tipe to do that," Vince calmly told her looking at his nails trying to ignore the worry  rising inside of him.

"How can you say that? She is our friend and yes she may not be the tipe to get into trouble, but the worry and anxiousness I saw on her face definately indicates something is up with her. And it is our," she gestrued at the three of them," duty to look after her. She is our friend."

Vince furrowed his brows ready to start a fight as Pandora accused him of not caring for their friend, but got stopped by Maurice tapping on his shoulder.

"Guys..."

"What?!?" the two said and looked at the freckled boy, who was pointing at something.

Following his hand they saw Constance nearing them with a confused look on her face.

Quickly they transformed their anger in to fake excitment and waved at their friend. "Hey!"

"Hi," Constance said a bit uncomfortably. "What's going on?"

"Oh, pft," Pandora waved." Just trying to tell Vince that Winnie the Pooh isn't real you know how he is."

"Yeah right,"Vince said excitedly with Maurice nodding along. Meanwhile all were wearing giant smiles.

Constance raised an eyebrow, but seemingly shrugged it off. "Okay. Well I was jsut about to get some sweets for Julie. Do you want to come?"

"Pft, of course!"

"Why wouldn't we?"

"I mean sweets are life."

"All right, than let's go." Vince hopped next to Constance and offered her his elbow to hold. Making the girl laugh.
While Maurice and Pandora folliwed. Maurice quietly shaking his head," We seriously need to work on our lying skills."

"Agreed," Pandora nodded.