Chapter 8

Megan's POV

When we got to the treehouse we all started climbing up into it. Amber climbed up the hard way by coming around the back and in through the window. Taylor followed her. They both love to climb trees I guess. I climbed up the ladder with Mac and Tinus. I'm not much of a risk taker! Plus the last time I climbed a tree I lost my grip and fell off. I don't want that to happen again! The 5 of us met inside and just talked. "Do you guys wanna play catch on the grass?" Tinus asked us after a while. "Sure!" Everyone replied except for Marcus. That's weird. He's always excited about playing games! He looked at me worriedly. Everyone climbed down the ladder onto the grass and I stayed behind. I didn't want Mac up here all alone by himself! I sat down next to him. He still looked nervous. "Aren't you gonna go play with them?" He asked. "Nah! I don't really feel like it! I don't wanna leave you up here alone!" I smiled and he smiled back. We talked for a while, trying to get to know each other better. We talked for hours. Turns out him and I have a lot in common! Almost as much as Amber and I do! We got along really well and continued to talk. I looked out the window and saw that it was dark out. How long have Mac and I been talking for?! I looked down and the others weren't there anymore! They went home without us! I heard thunder and lightning and it started raining really hard! "Mac it's raining really hard! I hear thunder and lightning! It's too dangerous to walk home! I panicked. I sat down and started crying. I HATE being away from my house or someone else's at night!! It scared me for some reason! "Don't cry!" Mac said and hugged me tight. I hugged him back. I was terrified but I felt safe in his arms. I felt like nothing could hurt me. I let go of the hug. Mac grabbed a blanket for us since we're gonna have to stay the night. I looked at my phone. I knew I would have no service but I don't know I just wanted to check my phone!

Marcus's POV

Megan and I were talking for hours! The more I knew about her the more the more my crush on her grew! After a while she got up and looked out the window . She came back and was crying. I tried to comfort her which I think worked! She stopped crying and hugged me. She let go and I went to grab a blanket that I keep in the treehouse in case of emergencies. I could see Megan shivering. She looked so cold! She's looks so cute when she's cold! I put the blanket over her and me hugged her again.

Megan's POV

It was so cold! I was shivering! I think Marcus noticed cause he grabbed a blanket and put it over me. He hugged me again. I felt so warm when he hugged me! "Thanks." I said. "No problem!" Mac smiled. "I think there's some board games around. Wanna play?" He asked. "Ok!" I smiled. He went to look for some. He found Monopoly, The Game of Life, and Don't Wake Daddy. He opened The Game Of Life first. We played that for a while, then Don't Wake Daddy, then Monopoly. When we finished Monopoly we just talked.

Taylor's POV

It was about 7pm and we called Mac and Maggie to go home. They didn't answer. We called them a couple times, and still no answer. We gave up and went home. It's not far from the treehouse so they can walk back. When we got inside Amber went straight to bed! Everyone was asleep except for Tinus and I. I was sleeping over so I went to the washroom to change into my pyjamas.
               Taylor's Pyjamas

When I got out of the washroom I saw Tinus waiting for me

When I got out of the washroom I saw Tinus waiting for me. He had his pyjamas on too.
                 Tinus's Pyjamas

We decided to watch a movie in his room

We decided to watch a movie in his room. "Scary movie?" I asked and smirked. "Fine!" Tinus replied. He hates scary movies and I love them! He's kind of a baby when he watched them, but I don't blame him. Doesn't almost everyone act like a baby during horror movies? We watched The Shining! My favourite! At the scary parts Tinus buried his face into me. Every time he did I hugged him. I was trying not to laugh! When it was over I looked outside. It was raining and thundering. I heard a bit of lightning too. I checked my phone. It was 9pm. Mac and Maggie weren't back yet! They're still in the treehouse! I tried texting and calling Maggie but she didn't answer! "Tinus Maggie and Mac aren't back yet! They're still in the treehouse!" I freaked out! I know that Maggie gets scared when she's not in a house at night! I also know that she freaks out at the thought of lightning! She got hit by it when she was 5 but luckily she was ok! She's been scared if rainstorms since! "Omg what are we gonna do?" He asked. "Were gonna go get them!" I said with in a duh tone. "We can't!" He replied. "It's too dangerous!" "Well if you won't come with me il log alone!" I grabbed my jacket and ran towards the door. Tinus chased me down the stairs. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. We were really close. We stared into each other's eyes. He broke the silence and said, "You're not going! I don't want you getting hurt! Mac and Maggie are in the treehouse! They have shelter! They'll be fine! I promise we'll get them first thing in the morning!" I nodded. I was about to cry. I don't wanna lose my best friend! She means everything to me! Tinus saw and hugged me. "They'll be ok!" He whispered. I took my jacket off and we went back to his room. We watched another movie. I fell asleep in his arms.

A/N
Wow! Over 1000 words! This so the first chapter to have OVER 1000 words! I never realized that this was so long! I have lots more stuff planned for this and I hope you enjoy it!❤