Two

I shook my hair out of it's ponytail and squinted my eyes into the distance. I could see his car driving along so I laid down flat on my stomach and pulled out the binoculars. There it was, the beat up truck and the small girl riding passenger. I bit my lip as I knew she'd be living in these apartment blocks soon and I was nervous as hell. I was supposed to be showing her around and going to school with her and stuff but I wasn't allowed to tell her my secret. They said maybe she wouldn't be used to me yet. 

The Lesbian.

It was the title that everyone gives me. Even my own parents, that's why I live with my older brother Harrison. He took me in after my parents kicked me out and well the rest is history. I've had four girlfriends and all of them were terrible people. And now I don't even want a girlfriend. I just want to live the life I've always wanted. I've always wanted to be a veterinarian and now that my brother is taking care of me I can. I smile as I look back towards the day when he picked me up. 

"Don't worry Taylor," my brother said confidently as he drove down the highway. "Don't worry about them."

"How?" I sobbed. "They kicked me out because I'm disgusting!"

"Taylor never say that about yourself again you hear me?" My brother said sternly. "There's nothing wrong with you!"

"Then why don't they love me huh?" I asked him pointing my finger.

He pushed my finger away from him. "Stop waving that about before you poke someone's eye out."

"Maybe I wanna poke an eye out..." I grumbled.

He rolled his eyes. "Look everything will be fine. You really wanna be a vet and now you can. I can take care of you more than dad and mum can anyways."

I nodded and looked up to him before saying, "Thank you."

I heard a knock on the door and spun around about to answer it before taking in a few calm breaths. I knew that Joseph would be at the door asking me to go down to his apartment and meet his little sister. Even though I had prepared myself for this moment over and over again I just didn't want to move. Like...at all. I opened the door and saw Joseph standing there his arms crossed and a grin on his face. He walked forward and ruffled my hair stepping past the threshold into the apartment. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch next to him. 

"I see you're back," I said biting my lip.

"She can't know Taylor," Joseph said sighing. "I wish she could but...she just can't."

I wanted to ask so many questions but I kept it to a minimum. "Why?"

"Because she wont choose to stay....and she can't be an Amish Lesbian," Joseph said. I could see tears in his eyes but he wiped them away. "I wish things could be different but they really can't. She cannot know and you have to protect her from what's out there in the world."

I shrugged. "I'll try my hardest."

Joseph stood up and walked towards the door. "She's downstairs unpacking. Take her shopping maybe and lend her a pair of jeans." With that he walked out and I was left dumbstruck. I went to my drawers in my room and pulled out a pair of jeans and my wallet. I always grabbed a tank top and grabbed my keys off of the bench. I grabbed my wallet and closed the door behind me. I walked to a level below and walked down to Joseph's place. I used my key to open the door. 

"Hello?" I called out.

"Unpacking," I heard a soft voice call back. This was really happening. I'm going to meet her. Okay don't fuck this up! She skipped out and looked at me smiling. "Hi," she said giving an awkward wave.

"You're gorgeous," I said randomly. 

"Thanks," she said looking at me.

I cleared my throat. "Right so I'm taking you shopping."

"What for?" She asked confused. 

"School?" I said taking her hand and leading her out of the apartment. "You know...that thing where you learn stuff."

She rolled her eyes. "I know what school is."

"Good because we have school tomorrow and shopping hurts my head," I said laughing. "So lets hurry up yeah?"

She takes forever to go shopping. We've been here an hour an already I'm bored. I'm sitting on the waiting chairs near the dressing rooms while Kristin tries on all these clothes to decide. There's a bunch of guys sitting near me. Playing with their phones or looking bored out of their minds. I frowned a little before smiling when Kristin came out in a little white dress with a brown belt around her waist. She looks gorgeous and my breath hitched for a second. 

"What do you think?" She asked.

I shrugged. "How do you feel?"

"It is a little different from home," she said sweetly. "Maybe something a bit longer....at least knee length."

I nodded in approval and she returned back to the changerooms to try something else on. I wanted to shut my eyes and fall asleep but I knew that, that option no longer exists. I'm shopping with Kristin and I have to say awake to look at outfits. Joseph knows I hate shopping and yet he always insists on me taking people. Like when I take his girlfriend Anna. She's worse than Kristin. I turned to my left and saw one of the guys looking at Kristin's ass as she walked back into the changeroom.

I clear my throat. "See something you like?"

"She yours?" He asked.

"No but you still aren't touching her," I said growling. "Stay the hell away."

He got up and moved. I saw Mike, my friend from school, he came over and sat down as his girlfriend skipped into one of the changerooms. I rolled my eyes are her choice of walk. Her hips swaying like it's forced. Mike rolled his eyes at the guys looking at her and put an arm around my shoulders. "Why are you out shopping?"

"Joey's sister is in town," I replied. 

"Ah I see," he said eyeing me suspiciously. "And how is that?"

"It's fine! Jesus can everyone leave me alone," I said getting up and walking down to the jeans rack. Mike obviously followed me and I rolled my eyes. 

"What's wrong?"

"She's gorgeous ok? Absoutely gorgeous and Joey told me I can't tell her about my big fast LESbian secret. Everyone is so worried that she will fall for me and I can't handle the pressure." Mike wrapped an arm around me and pulled me in for a hug. I was lucky to have him as a friend and I knew I could count on him being here for me. I had to reassure myself that Kristin wouldn't be here long and soon I can get back to being me. 

"You really like her don't you?" Mike asked.

"Yeah...ever since Joey let me read the letter she wrote for me."

"I say go for it," Mike said gritting his teeth.

I was so shocked he would say something like that. "Say what now?

"Who cares if Joey doesn't approve. You only live once right?"

I smacked him over the top of the head lightly as we laughed. "I swear to god if you say that again I'm going to kill you."