8) Fate Can F*ck Right Off

"What's up? Are you okay?" he asks worriedly, opening the door to our room and peeking out.

"YOU KNEW REESE WAS CHEATING?!" I roar, glaring at him. "Oh shit."

It makes sense now... He knows everything, and he had his eye on me; so naturally, he would know Reese was cheating...

"Is it true?!' I cry, grabbing him by the collar. "Did you know?!" I sob, angry and sad at the same time. "I-I-"

"Andrew!"

"Y-yes...I did..."

I let go of him, and back away slowly. My face still has a waterfall of tears running down, but no new ones are coming. I'm just lacking any emotion whatsoever.

"You knew," I say quietly. "And you still made the deal, because you knew I'd be stuck here with you?"

"Yes..." he looks down in shame. "And still, you couldn't have just come talk to me?" I ask, disappointed. "No, I couldn't! You would hate me! Like EVERYBODY does!" He yells, gesturing to downstairs.

"So instead, stalk me, make a rigged deal, and trap me in hell for all eternity?!" I ask with frustration. "It's not like that!" he argues.

"How is it, then?!"

"I saw you at the supermarket, a few weeks before we met. You were beautiful. I dropped by every Thursday and saw you there, talking and chatting with everyone. So happy," he says quietly. "So carefree. I fell in love with you instantly... How else would I actually get someone to stay with me- in HELL, other than make a deal?!" he asks.

"You deserve better than 'Reese', anyway. He's a bastard." he looks over at me with teary eyes. "I know he's hit you." he whispers, making me burst into tears, and try desperately to wipe them with my sleeves. "I don't want that for you!" he cries, reaching his hand out for me, but not daring to touch me, out of respect. I look into his eyes, and he's broken. Eyes filled with love, regret, loneliness, anger, sadness, and adoration.

"Please," he says softly. "I need you, and you know you need me."

I hold my breath, and look up at him. His eyes make me melt... Just looking at them, I can see all he's been through. Abuse, loneliness, sadness, loss, rejection...

"Andrew, I-"

"You don't know what it's like!" he blurts out. "To lie in bed, every night, alone. In a big empty room, where a cough echoes as if in a massive cave. In a huge bed, curled up in the tiniest ball, knowing nobody will ever love you. Knowing every person you've ever gone out with has ended up hating you, because of who you are. Who you were born as..."

"I do know!" I yell, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I used to do that! Every night! I know the feeling of staring up at the blank ceiling, which looks like your life! I know how it feels to love someone, and know they don't love you as much! I know what it's like to know it's fake love!" I yell, making fists. "But...it's the best you're gonna get..." My fingers let go, as if they've given up, and my eyes have too, as my tears have stopped flowing.

"Just...go..." he makes a gesture, and I feel a burning sensation on my hand. I look down, and the mark's faded. "Andy..." I want to say something, but I don't know what. "I know it was wrong. I'm sorry. You're better off without me." he says, kissing my forehead and looking away. "Wait, what are you doing?!" I ask quickly.

"Don't forget me." he smiles weakly, and makes a gesture, making everything go black.

I open my eyes, and I'm in my bed, back at home...in MY house, on the surface...

"Andrew?!" I sit up and look around frantically. I look over at the blank wall in front of me, and at first I think it's my imagination, but there are words burned in.

Bye, puppy. I love you.

"ANDREW!" They fade, again, and I start to cry, curling up into a little ball on my big bed.

"I love you too..!"