38) Tina

A few weeks pass, and I'm slowly starting to get over it, though I don't talk to anyone except Andrew and Griff.

We were just at the grocery store, picking up things for the week, and we're walking home now, with grocery bags.

We go along the sidewalk, and there doesn't seem to be anyone for miles. Griffyn starts trying to eat my necklace, from the baby carrier my front, and I quickly pull her away.

"Hey, sis."

I freeze as I hear a familiar voice.

"Andrew," I whisper, grabbing his arm. "Help."

We both turn around, seeing none other than Tina, there. My sister. The sister that slept with Reese. The one that I always hated, out of four sisters.

I scowl at her, and she returns it, smirking. "Who's your boyfriend?" she asks, following us as we walk. I say nothing, and just ignore her, not even making eye contact. "Aww, and who's this little shit? It's even uglier than you." she walks up next us, and pats Griffyn's head.

"Fuck off!" I grab her wrist, not letting her touch Griff, and giving her a death glare.

Omg, those were my first words to someone else in a while...

"How dare you talk to me like that?" she asks defensively, putting a hand on her hip. Andrew lays a hand on my shoulder, silently saying that he's here for me. 

"Don't touch her." I hiss, backing away from Tina. "Jeez. So have you seen Reese lately? He disappeared a few weeks ago." she says, looking left and right.

"Reese is dead." Andrew says coldly, and she gasps. "Oh, no! I'm gonna miss him so much!" she fake-cries. "You really are a bitch." Andrew scowls, and she smirks. "Whatcha gonna do?"

"Stay away from us." I say quietly, walking on. "Waaaiiit...Come baackk, you can't possibly take that bundle of joy away from me, could you? She's my niece." she whines, chasing after us. "I said stay away, motherfucker." I scowl, speeding up. "Well...that was...brutal..." Andrew says, once we're out of earshot. "Watch it around Griff." he laughs quietly.

"Sorry. She just...annoys me." I substitute, for 'pisses me off'.

*

A few more weeks pass, and my eyes have become their usual bluish-grey, but my hair still remains the same.

"I can't believe we can finally get married... So many interruptions..." he says, as we lie in bed at night. I hum in response, staring blankly at the cupboard ahead. "One week from now, are you processing that?" He laughs, smiling at me. I shake my head, with a small smile.

I haven't said a word since we saw Tina either. How could she..?

"Who's this little shit? It's even uglier than you..."

Her voice echoes through my mind, taunting me.

"She's my niece!"

I don't want Griffyn's auntie to be a bitch... I guess she's got three others, but I never talk to them. My middle sister Aliah is in France studying, since she's eighteen, and her twin Mara is in Spain studying. The youngest, Lila, ran off somewhere to elope with her boyfriend, and I haven't seen her for years. Then there's Tina, who's the eldest, and the meanest.

I'm only younger by a few years, but she still thinks she qualifies as an 'adult'.

"Will you be able to do it?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Andrew's voice. I cock my head to the side, to say, "what?".

"Two words, you'll have to talk at the wedding. And...in front of everyone."

I gasp and bite my lip as it hits me.

So many people will hear me talk... How will I do it?!