24) Little One

I lift my head up off Andrew's lap as I feel a sharp pain, which jerks me awake. He's still asleep, and has a book in his hand next to him.

Andrew's P.O.V

I hear a cry of pain, and I wake up out of my state of napping. I can see Mikka sitting on the edge of her bed, clutching her belly, and breathing heavily. "Are you okay, baby? What happened?" I ask, worry filling my voice, as I go and wrap an arm around her. "I'm- I'm having this baby. NOW." she says, and cries out again, grabbing my hand tightly. "Uhh, uhh..." I panic, trying to get hold of my mind. I snap my fingers, changing both our clothes, and grab the emergency bag I packed a few days ago. "How long were you up?" I ask, grabbing her hand and helping her off the bed. "Only- just- now..." she chokes out. "Why are they so painful already?! I read it wasn't like this!" she says, and tears start to pool in her eyes.

"Because a human woman isn't the exactly designed to give birth to a magical baby. Magik girls are stronger, and able to handle this. This is one of the reasons why human and magik relationships are forbidden. If it was a male human, then the baby of the magik would be weak. So either way, it doesn't work well." I explain, teleporting to the hospital.

I called Emily, Chris, Lily, and Mike, as well, since they wanted to meet the baby.

Mikka's P.O.V

We waited hours before they took us into the delivery room, but when we got there...

"Push harder, you're not strong enough." the doctor tells me, and my mind shatters. "It's because I'm a fucking human, okay?!" I screech, grabbing whatever is beneath me. "Will the baby be alright?!" I ask, squeezing Andrew's hand. "It should be." the doctor replies, and he says something to the nurse. "Oww!" I cry, pulling Andrew down to my level. "It's okay, puppy. You'll be alright. We're all here for you, I won't leave your side." he says, wiping my tears away, and stroking soothing circles on the back of my hand.

"D-d-don't leave me, please..." I whisper, as he moves maybe an inch away. "I'm not, I'm not." he smiles, placing a hand on my right shoulder, and his left on the other. "Come on, you can do it!" he says, pushing down on my shoulders lightly. "I can't, I can't!"

I clamp my eyes shut, grabbing Andrew's shirt. "Come on, go to your happy place, block out the pain." he says in my ear quietly, and I stop forcing my eyes shut, and just let them flutter closed, the mild light still showing through my eyelids.

I use my imagination, and go back to the griffon park. I'm walking down the concrete, holding hands with Andrew, but there's still the faint pushing feeling, and pain. He tells me everything will be okay, and I hear, "Come on! Use all your strength!" from the doctors around me.

"Just kill me!" I shout, not daring to even open my eyes. I give one last push, holding onto Andrew, and resting my head in the crook of his neck, and I hear a baby cry. I gasp, but still don't open my eyes. "Is it okay?!" I ask, wrapping my arms around Andrew. "It's not 'it' anymore." Andrew says, and I can sense he's smiling. "Oh! What is it?" I ask, and I crack one eye open. "It's a girl." He kisses my forehead gently, brushing my hair away, and I burst into tears. "Congratulations." they hand me a tiny little girl, who has a pastel pink blanket wrapped around her, and she reaches up with her eyes closed, punching my chin, and making me laugh.

She has thick dark brown hair, like I did when I was a baby, except she got Andrew's hair color. she has a little button nose, small ears, and tiny fists. She opens her eyes, which are big and round, and dark brown like Andrew. I smile up at him through my tears, and he's crying as well. "Hi, little one." he whispers, stroking her head. "So...Griffyn?" I ask, looking up at him. "Yeah." he smiles. "She looks like one.