40) BONUS

Hey guys! Surprise! Bonus chapter! (because my rank dropped by 10, and i just couldn't leave it at 39 chapters, and not round it off at 40, lol.)

______________

Mikka's P.O.V

I tiptoe up to the bedroom door, since it's late, and I be careful not to wake Tara or anyone up.

I reach the big brown door, and I hear talking inside. I peek around the corner subtly, and I see Andrew sitting on the big red bed, with Griffyn in his lap, and holding a book out in front of them.

"And then he jumped-" he stops abruptly as Griff starts giggling hysterically, and I smile. "Will you let me finish? What is so funny about jump?"

She starts giggling again, throwing her fists in the air. "Jump." he says suddenly, and she giggles more, falling backwards onto his chest. I slip through the door, shutting it behind me silently, and I walk up to them, laughing quietly.

"Take it. It won't stop laughing." He picks her up by the sides, and holds her out to me. "It?" I laugh, watching her kick and squirm, still giggling for some reason. I pick her up and go sit down next to Andrew, up against the headboard.

She starts whining and wriggling, crawling over my shoulders, and up on top of my head. "What are you doing?!"

"Ba! Ba!" she giggles, and crawls over me, onto Andrew's head. "Ba?" she hangs her head down in front of him, holding onto his hair, which I'm sure is hurting. "What do you want?" he laughs, holding her to make sure she doesn't fall.

"Ba! Jaa!" she babbles, lifting her head up to look at me. Andrew thinks for a moment, before getting an idea. "Jump?"

She bursts into giggles again, falling off his head, and only just getting caught by him, before she hit the bed. "Little psycho." I laugh, and brush her little hairs out of her face.

Andrew lays her on my lap, but she reaches out for him, squirming. "Ba! Ba!"

"Fine then. You only had me in hospital for fourteen hours, it didn't hurt AT ALL. Just turn your back on me now." I say sarcastically, pushing her over to Andrew, who she climbs all over. "Did you give her caffeine, or something?" I ask, seeing her jump everywhere.

"No!" he laughs. "She's just...not tired..."

"It's three in the morning!" I argue, laughing quietly as I see her run around all over the bed.

*

My eyes flutter open, and I'm greeted by faint light shining through the crack in the partially closed drapes. I have Griffyn curled up in my arms, as I'm lying on my left side, and Andrew has his arms around me from behind.

"Are you awake?" I whisper, being unable to turn my head to see. "Mhm." He smiles against my neck, leaving kisses from my ear to my shoulder, and making me smile.

"I missed lying in bed with you.." I say quietly, and my mind darts back to all that time spent with Reese, though I quickly clear the thought from my head.

"I'd say I missed lying with you too, but I think I only slept a few nights while you were gone." he laughs. "Really? Why?" I ask curiously.

"We were looking for you as much as possible."

"But why did it take so long? And why couldn't you get to me?" I ask, and I think about it again, tears threatening to spill. "We had to search the entire ocean. The place you were in was my late sister Aqua's. She was goddess of water. We all have barriers up in our realms, to stop magic from getting in, and Reese activated hers again." he explains.

"W-what happened to Aqua?"

"She was an angel. Literally. She did some bad things, and I found out one day, after going months without seeing her, that she had fallen. It was only a matter of time before her dark side took over, like with all fallen angels, and she disappeared one day..."

"Oh..." I sigh, turning and looking up at him, leaving Griff to snuggle up against my back. "Did you ever say goodbye?" I ask. "No. I went to visit her for the first time in a while, but she wasn't there. It's been ages since I went to her place, that's why I couldn't find it."

"Define...ages..." I say, raising an eyebrow. "Eh... A century or so?" he replies, shrugging. "Wow. Do you miss her?"

"Of course. She was my big sister, I looked up to her, she was my idol. She said goodbye to me last time we saw each other, but it was more of a 'see you later' goodbye, not a 'see you in hell' goodbye..." he says.

"Can't you see who goes into hell? You do rule it..." I think. "Well, yes, but there's too many people to keep track of. And whenever I asked the guards to find her, they always said they couldn't." he says sadly. "I have more than twelve BILLION people down here, you know? It's difficult to track one person down." he explains, stroking my hair instinctively.

"Oh. Well...you still have us." I smile, reaching up and giving him a peck on the lips. "I know. And I'll always love you weirdos." he teases, resting his forehead on mine and smiling.

______________

Hey guys! Book two is out: Miss Devil.

Go check out my profile to find it!