25) Uh oh

I sit in the recovery room, which is private, since the king of hell would get the best, and I'm surrounded by the others. "She's beautiful!" Emily smiles, in tears. "Still lonely now, bro?" Chris asks, smiling, and tearing up as well. Andrew punches him on the shoulder and laughs, sitting down next to me in bed, and wrapping an arm around my back. "So you called her... Griffyn, was it?" Emily asks, rocking baby Max in one arm, as he starts whining.

"Yeah." I smile, watching Chris chase a little flying angel around the room. Parsley zips around, giggling, and landing on his head. "Wow, they develop fast, huh?" I say to Andrew, watching how much Max and Parsley can move. "Yeah. Your lucky ours isn't an angel." he laughs. "No, it's worse, it's a demon." I giggle, looking up at him. "There's a chance she's a human." he says, and we both gasp as horns sprout from her head, and she giggles, putting her tiny fist in her mouth. "Or not..."

"How can she control it at that age?" I ask, checking her for wings or something. "PARSLEY!" Chris screeches, as she flies up to the roof, and hangs there like a spider, sticking her tongue out at him. "Parry dear, come back down." Emily says nicely, and she flies down into Emily's arms. She smiles, and Chris sighs, sitting down on the sofa opposite my bed. "So when are you guys gonna get married?" Lily asks, letting Max sit down on her shoulders.

"Uhh... We don't know." Andrew says. "Whenever we get a chance."

*

I wake up to crying, and I walk into Griffyn's room on the surface, drowsily flicking a lamp on. "What's wrong, honey?" I ask, picking her up out of her crib. I change her diaper and feed her, but she still cries. "What do you want?!" I ask, holding her away from me and looking at her.

I shrug, holding her close to my chest and walking back into our room. I notice she's wearing the griffon necklace, so Andrew must've put it on her, since I didn't. I crawl back into bed and cradle her in my arms, but she still cries. "What happened?" Andrew lifts his head from the pillow sleepily, seeing Griffyn there. "She won't stop crying." I explain, sighing. He takes her from me, an holds her in one hand, up against his chest, which she's only a bit bigger than. She still cries, but when he moves closer to me, wrapping his arm around my back, and holding her between us, she stops instantly. She looks around with her gorgeous big eyes, and smiles, revealing no teeth.

I smile down at her, and start drifting off to sleep, along with them.

*

I keep my eyes shut, since it's bright, and I reach over for Griffyn, but my hands are tied to something. I open my eyes, and I'm chained to a wall, in my t-shirt and underwear from last night. It's a stone wall, and the light is a fire of dead bodies in the room in front of me. "What the fuck?!" I ask, struggling against the chains. "Andrew?!"

I look around, but there's nobody anywhere. It's hot down here from the fire, and I'm starting to sweat, from wriggling as well. "If this is a joke it's NOT funny!" I say, hoping that it is, and he'll come walking around the corner. Instead, I see the one person I'd rather die than even look at.

"Reese!" I screech, scowling at him. I remember Griffyn, and my expression softens, thinking about her.

I can't afford to die now! Not with my little pumpkin at home!

"What do you want with me?!" I ask, trying desperately to at least free my legs, as I'm only in underwear and a t-shirt, and want to cover myself in front of him.

"Simple. What I've always wanted." he walks against the wall in front of me, slowly growing nearer.

"Oh, fuck."