Chapter 11: Fighting the Frienemy?

"Thank you for saving Hiccup. It means a lot to me.
I think it'll be best if you stay with him tonight, or until he wakes up."
I nodded.
"Yes, sir."

It was morning. The sun had just began to come up and I stretched, waking up my body as well. I look around, and I remembered I was in Hiccup's room.
"Well, good morning." A voice behind me said.
I turn around fairly quick, and saw it was only Hiccup.
"Thor almighty, Hiccup, you scared me!" I said.
"Heh.. sorry. I didn't mean to." He said, putting his head on the back of his neck and looks away.
I walk towards him and makes him look at me.
"It's fine. I forgive you." I say, smiling at him.
It was then and only then did I take in the details of his emerald green eyes. They looked so... calming. I could look into them forever.
"Having fun looking into my eyes?" He says.
I snap out of it. "S-sorry. I didn't mean to--" I started to say.
I lose my train of thought as Hiccup hugged me. I was so surprised at first. But eventually, I gave in and hugged him back.
"Thank you for saving me, (y /n).. Even though I didn't deserve it." He said, holding me closer. "What're you talking about? You definitely deserved to be saved. I'm not going to let you die. I'd die myself before I let you die." I say.
I could feel him smile against me.
He eventually pulls away from the hug, looking deep into my (e/c) eyes. After a few moments, Hiccup cups my left cheek with his hand, ever so gently. He leans in, his eyes closing as he leans in. I hesitate for a second, but reluctantly leaned in as well. The gap between us closes, and I feel the soft touch of his lips.
I felt like I could get lost in him; kiss him forever; just be with him with no problems. But I knew that could never happen.
He'd never want to be with a girl like me.
I stop thinking about that and kiss him back.
After a few moments, he pulls away and smiles at me, blushing.
I smile back, and realize.
"Come on, we have to make a plan to get my dragon back." I say.
He nods and we run outside to see a 2 Stormcutters, along with Jack, Chalin, and a woman I've never seen talking to the rest of Berk.
I look to Hiccup to ask him who the woman is, but he's already running towards her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiccup's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't believe it. I mean, I didn't know it was her when she first came but when my father kissed her, I knew it was my mother. I ran up to her.
"Mom!!!!" I yelled.
"Hiccup!" She said.
She hugged back, and I saw (y/n) run up to Jack and hug him, welcoming him back to Berk.
I turn to my mother. "Mom, what're you doing here?! How'd you know about Nightwing? Or (y/n), for that matter?"
She smiled. "I've been watching you guys. You never notice me, because I'm sneaky.
Okay. We need a plan to get her dragon back."
(Y/n) comes over, agreeing as she comes over. When my mom mentions Nightwing, I could tell she became upset.
I wonder why....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n)'s POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When she mentioned Nightwing, I got a sickening feeling in my stomach.
'I wonder if I'll ever get him back.. if I never get him back.. I don't know what I'd do. He's my best friend..' I think.
I push those thoughts aside and talk with Hiccup's mother and the rest of the gang to get my dragon back and save the other dragons.
"How about I go up to Nightwing in my dragon/human form, and try to get him to remember me. I'm not giving up on getting him back. Even if it kills me in the process."
Everyone liked it, and Hiccup decided to take down the Red Death once again, and attempt to relocate him further away than Berk.

We decide to go with my idea, and I was going to fly with Hiccup on Toothless, but I didn't want to make Nightwing even more mad. I watched as everyone else went to the other dragons, but I went for my own dragon.

I saw him. He looked even more evil by the day. His eyes were looking more blood-piercing than they did yesterday. It... actually started to scare me; knowing I was losing him every second of every day to darkness. Luckily, he hadn't seen me yet. I'd imagine he'd fire right away if he saw me.
I turned into my dragon form, so he'd--hopefully--think I was one of them. I forced myself to make my eyes turn completely white, as if I was being controlled by the alpha.
He saw me, and he came over to me and started sniffing me, as if he didn't buy that I was "being controlled".
He eventually believed I was being controlled, and I started to talk to him.
"Nightwing..." I said.
"What? Controlled dragons do not talk. We do our job. Socializing isn't allowed here. Get back to work." He replied coldly.
"Nightwing please. You have to listen to me. You don't belo--" I stared to say before he shot multiple plasma blasts at my face, causing me to change into my hybrid form.
I notice when I look up that Nightwing looked like he regretted what he did. He quickly snapped out of it though and he came charging at me. I, being too weak to move anymore, looked up at him, with complete sadness in my eyes.
"I... I'm sorry." I say to him, as I brace for him to finish me off.
I close my eyes, hoping him finishing me off wouldn't be as painful as I thought it would be; having your own dragon turn on you and kill you out of hatred.
But.. it never comes.
I'm flying there, holding my eyes closed tight, and I carefully open them.
He's in front of me.
He.. he didn't attack me.. he didn't even finish me off.
Does he...?
No.
He wouldn't remember me that easy.
I'm sure that alpha dragon made him way more evil than the rest of them would, knowing that with 3 night furies battling it would take him down easier.
But... his eyes...
They were turning green again...
Granted they were still red, but they were tinted green. The green I missed.
I slowly reached out my hand, hoping he wouldn't hurt me.
He looked like he was battling himself; he'd go in to touch my hand, but something kept pulling him back.
I reached out closer to him, making it easier for him to disobey the alpha.
I looked passed Nightwing and saw that everyone was battling the Red Death again, just as they had done all those years ago.
The Red in his eyes began to fade. He was coming back to me! I hope he was... I don't know if I could live knowing that my best friend was lost to evil.
I closed my eyes, hoping he'll fight the evil inside him.
After a few moments, I feel the familiar touch of dragon scales on the palm of my hand.
I look over to see that he had successfully fought the evil. I laugh, and give him a big hug.
"Welcome back, boy." I say.
He rubbed his head on my torso, implying that he was really happy to see me.
I felt the same way.
I was so happy that he was back.
I almost lost him...
Now, to go help the others.