Chapter 25: A Confusing Discovery

It's been 5 years since my death.
5 years since Toothless's death as well.
5 years since he killed me.
5 years since I made my own dragon turn on her love.
Every day, I wonder why Toothless trusts me the way he does, even when I'm the reason he died.
We've been together ever since Astrid did the reborn spell I left for her in her house.
I'm really glad I left that for her. If I hadn't, we'd be in Valhalla, which is where my father is, surprisingly.
Sad thing is, I have no power left inside of me.

Toothless doesn't even have his auto tail anymore. Well, he didn't. Until I made him one after learning how to make one myself when I made his first one.

We were out flying, which was something we both needed. Since I couldn't fly myself anymore and he hadn't gotten to fly since I had switched his tail with the new one, we both needed it.

I always wonder where my mother is. Even now, I think about her so much I don't notice the things around me. Heck, even Toothless thinks about his old family. Even though I don't have my powers, I still regained my ability to talk to them, which was a miracle. If I couldn't talk to him, Thor knows I'd go crazy! Hahaha...
Haha...
Ha...
...
I wish I could go back to Berk. But, in the letter, I had to stay far away from them. They had to find me. I know the letter may say something a little different, but who cares?
I decide to go home. My "home" being a huge dragon-human palace I managed to make in the 5 years of being alone. I grew small trees and kept the bigger ones for the animals and the dragons. I'd make the routine of plant the sapling, wait until it's a small yet usable tree, chop it down, and build the house. I'd repeated this for nearly 3.5 years. Now, I have my house, a house for Toothless that was connected to my house, a nursery/stable, a food storehouse filled with exotic fish, and a lake next to it filled with the same exotic fish in my storehouse.
I also managed to create a heater for the lake for when it gets cold, so the lake won't freeze and we can have fresh food for the winter.
It's quite useful.
As we got home, I heard a second pair of wings behind me.
I turn my head ever so slightly and out of the corner of my eye, I see a black dragon, with a red mark around its left eye... and the rider...
Had auburn hair... and emerald eyes...
'Please don't let it be...' I think to myself.
"Who are you? Why do you two look like my girlfriend and my dragon?" He asks, concerned yet a little angry.
I don't answer.
"Answer me! Now!" He yells, and I flinch.
Toothless shields me from him and leads me into my house, closing the door behind me.
The rider who I assumed was Hiccup burst through the door, and threatened to torch the house to the ground if I didn't talk.
Tears started to swell in my eyes.
"No! Please, I have sick dragons in the nursery! And this dragon fortress took forever to make! Please... don't destroy it..." I said, pleading.
"Then show me who you are." He says softly, putting his fire sword away.
I hesitantly face him, my head facing down and my hands on my helmet.
I slowly take it off and lift my head up, tears streaming down my face.
Even though I looked like my old self before I upgraded, I still had all of the personality traits and knowledge/memories of my entire life up until my death.
"(Y-y/n)?" He asks, quietly.
I nod, looking down.
"B-but... you died..." he says, his voice cracking.
I nod again.
"Wait, if you're you, who's he!" He says, pointing to Toothless.
"T-Toothless.." I say, looking up at him.
"What?! But she killed him!" He says, looking at Nightwing.
I look at her.
And back away from her.
"What's wrong? Don't you wanna see her?" He asks.
I shake my head. "She shouldn't be here. She doesn't deserve me. She doesn't want me. I know she hates me. I can tell by her eyes. She remembers that day... where I made her kill him... she'll never forgive me." I say as I back up to a safe distance.
He turns to Nightwing and see that she is, in fact, snarling at her.

You're right, (y/n). I don't deserve you. And you don't deserve me. He was right for banishing you off of Berk. You were a threat to all of us. I was glad when they said they'd killed you.

I was crying now. My own dragon whom I've been with for years, hated me. Rightfully so, I did kill him.
What she doesn't know is...
I used all of my power to bring him back..

"Why're you here?" I ask, looking at Hiccup.
"Because I've been looking everywhere to find you. I didn't tell Nightwing because I knew she wouldn't want to come. So, I just told her we were going exploring." He replies.
"Bigger question is, how did Toothless come back?" He asks me.
I stay silent. I can't let him know I used all of my power.
"Well?" He says, getting annoyed again.
I whisper, "I used all of my power to bring him back."
He blinks.
"What?" He says.
"I used all of my power to revive him." I say louder, and heard my voice crack.
He stood there, shocked. As did Nightwing.

Y-you brought him back?! I hardly believe it!

"It's the truth, Nightwing. I'd never lie to you guys." I say, tearing up again.

If you don't have your power anymore, how're you able to talk to dragons still?

"If only I knew..." I say.

Prove you don't have your powers. Transform.

"I.. I can't. My power is gone. Father took it for himself when I was revived."
"R-revived? By who?" Hiccup asks.
"...Astrid." I say.
"What?! She's the one who revived you?! She knew you were alive this whole time and didn't tell me?!" He says, his emotions in all different directions.
I nod.
"Astrid... why?" He whispers.

You really can't transform?

"Do you sense me as a hybrid?" I ask.
She shakes her head.
"Then there's your answer." I say.
She looks down.

I'm sorry..

"It's okay. I forgive you."
Hiccup looks to me.
"(Y/n)?" He asks.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"I've missed you." He says, hugging me.
I hug back.
We were finally together again.