Chapter 44: The Book

I get him on, and I tell Toothless to take care of him. He nods, and I nod to Hiccup. They fly off, and I fly down to Nightwing. I open the door to my hut, shut it, and use my tail to give Nightwing some salmon while grabbing some myself. She eats it without hesitation, and I lay next to her.
So, how's your nap? I ask her.
It was good. I feel better about moving my wing. I've been practicing. She replies, looking at her prosthetic wing.
Practicing? How? I ask.
I move my wing up and down hard for long periods of time. Even with a little weight on my back. It doesn't hurt unless I do it for around 8 hours.
I look amazed at her. She's actually been training herself to be able to fly again.
I'm proud of you, Nightwing. It's great that you wanna get in the air again.
She nods, then yawns.
I'll leave you to sleep. Goodnight.
She nods and goes back to sleep.
I hope Hiccup finds something on the dragon queen.

Hiccup came back that morning. He seemed to have put a saddlebag on Toothless.
'Maybe he found a book...' I thought to myself as I ran up to him.
"Hey! How'd it go?" I asked him after hugging him.
"It went well! I'm sorry I came back late. I had to rummage through Berk's entire library to find the books I found. You are going to love this. I found three books; one on the dragon queen, one on magiks, and one on hybrids. They were locked in a safe behind the bookshelves. I didn't want dad to ask what I was doing, so I tried the combination I found in one of the shelves. It worked! And that's where I found the books. I also found this:" he says, and reached into Toothless's saddlebag and pulled out a foldable metal scythe that seemed to be made of special material.
The blade was material I have never seen before. It was (f/c) with (s/f/c) designs that faded into black and white. It was incredible! I held it in my hands, and imagined on who could've owned it before.
"I think it belongs to you, (y/n)." Hiccup says, smiling at me.
"How do you know?" I ask, still studying the scythe.
He turned the scythe and showed me the very bottom of the scythe.
Property of (M/n) (L/n). To be handed down to (Y/n) (L/n) if I am no longer
'My mother owned this scythe.. I mean, I saw a scythe in her room whenever I walked by but it was always folded so I never saw the blade..' I thought in amazement.
"But she isn't gone though... she's still alive." I say, looking at Hiccup.
"Yes, but she's not in her right mind, remember? She's being controlled by your father." He reminds me.
'That's right...' I think, sadly.
He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls my side perfectly flush with his.
"We'll get your mother back. Come on." He says, and jumps on Toothless.
I nod and fold the scythe, then putting it on my back in my weapon holder that was attached to my armor. I had made this in case I needed to carry a weapon home should I find one away from home.
It fit perfectly in the holster, which I was happy about.
I jumped onto Toothless and mind-told Nightwing that I was going out. She asked if she could come too.
Sure, why not! You've been cooped up here for many weeks, come on. We're going to save my mother.
I could practically hear her jumping for joy. How? She basically jumped up and down in my hut before bounding out like a speed runner on steroids. I laughed, and Hiccup laughed as well. She came down to us, a wide, toothy smile on her face. I giggled at her excitedness, and jumped on her back. We took off, and I kept looking at Nightwing's prosthetic wing from time to time, making sure it didn't accidentally fall off. Luckily, it didn't the whole way to the island.

We landed, and I asked Nightwing if she was okay.
Of course! If I get tired of flying, I'll let you know.
I nod and look to the temple where my... father... lives. I wish I wasn't back here. But, I have to free my mother and the other hybrids before they get hurt.
When I set foot in the camp, all eyes locked onto me. And I mean everyone. They all looked at me with discomfort, shock, and even fear. They all knew I was the queen of both the dragons, and the hybrids. Many told me I should escape now before I hurt someone.
"Don't worry, I'm going to free all of you from his control." I told them kindly.
"You don't know anything! What if we like being controlled! We feel important!" One of them cries.
"You don't know what you're doing when you're being controlled... I was controlled many years ago. I killed my boyfriend's dragon in the process. And, in turn, he killed me. If he hadn't killed me, I would have killed his entire village without being able to think twice. Do you all really want to be thought of as murderers with no heart or soul?" I said, and now, when I looked up, I saw that many hybrids had gathered around me. They were all shocked, and some were angry.
"You're not a true hybrid. We can't sense you as one. Prove you are what you say." One of the angry ones said.
I nodded, and turned into my hybrid night Fury form, then a night Fury, then my alpha Fury form.
"Hmmph, fine. But, I don't believe you are the queen of dragons. Turn into first a Quaken, Boneknapper, Scauldron, Terrible Terror, and finally, the red death." He said, eyeing me.
I did so without fail.
"That.. that's impossible! Turn into other dragons! Now!"
I sighed and turned into a Prickleboggle, Deadly Nadder, Death Song, Speed Stinger, Groncicle, Leviathan, Night Terror, and finally, a Sand Wraith.
They all looked in shock and amazement.
"Our Queen has come home!" One of them shouted. I smiled, and looked at everyone.
"Welcome home, my queen." One of them said, bowing down.
"Please, make us free from this curse. We have been enslaved for years.." one of them said.
"I will try. I have my boyfriend here to help me.." I started.
"(Y/n), I think I should let you handle this." Hiccup said.
"Oh... why?" I ask.
"Well... he's your father. And, it was said that only the dragon queen herself can fully destroy the king and his power.." he said, referring to the book.
I nod, understanding.
"I will be at the shore. If you need me, call to Toothless, and I'll come." He says, hugging me.
"And, (y/n)? Be safe." He says.
"You too. If you need me, tell Toothless to call to me, and I'll save you. Or, tell him to tell me that you two are leaving. I'll understand." I say.
He nods. "Good luck."
"Thank you." I say before kissing his cheek and flying off with the others.
He watches me leave until I'm out of eyesight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiccup's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'I hope she'll be safe...'