Prologue

It was just another Summer day and all the cobble-stoned streets were filled with people. Some were hurrying to get to work, others were hanging around friends and family. But the kids were hopping around, just happy to have a school-free day.

And that was excactly what Constance wanted. To be free, to hop around and play without a worry. Insted she was in a room behind the walls of an old orphanage, only able observe the outside world.

From her window a playground could be seen, where a few of her fellow orphans were wearing wide smiles while in their own little world.

One of the children suddenly  glanced up, alerting Constance to lean closer to the window, unknowingly frosting the surface along with it.

For so long Constance has felt caged in that house with almost no human interaction that only a look warmed up her heart.Then again if she hadn't accidently used magic she wouldn't have been in there away from the other kids.

Suddenly Constance was awaken from her day-dreaming by some voices coming near.

"Mr. Dumbledore, we're glad you came," said one of the nuns.

"Well, I do not think I had much choice in the matter as you told me it was of great urgency." An unknown man answered. The curiosity in Constance only kept raising, so she went to the door slowly even though it felt wrong to be eavesdropping.

"And I promise you it is,"the nun answered and put her hand on the doorknob, making Constance run back to the window seat, where she had sat just seconds ago with a book in hand. "It's a problem. I'm sure You'll be able to solve."

The nun opened the door, which made a screeching noise, only to reveal a tall older man with a long beard and grey shoulder-lenght hair. But what the girl noticed most was the odd clothes he was wearing.

"Professor this is Constance Foster," the nun said and bulted out of the room as soon as she could, leaving the two alone.

Silence followed as they obsereved one another for a second, both with eyes wide. The man's eyes like a hawk's, taking in every detail.

"Goodday, Miss Foster my name is Albus Dumbledore," the man told her kindly and neared a stool next to a desk beside the window. "May I?" he asked.

The girl still awe struck was only able to watch and node as this had already been one of the longest interactions in weeks.

"You must be wondering why I am here?" Dumbledore asked looking at the girl, who clearly felt overwhelmed to have someone talk to her.

Constance shook her head and finally gathered up the courage to speak,"You're here because of my abilities. Right?"

"I'm here to help you."

"I doubt you can help me."
Worry was clearly written across her face, her blue eyes now on the floor. Still she felt the piercing blue eyes watching her.

"I see you've been decorating?" Albus smiled noting the frost on the window. The question took Constance completely by surprise as she had forgotten about her little slip up. She was about to say something in responce but stayed quiet when she noticed a snow-flake appear in the man's left hand while in his right one he had an unusually decorated stick. The snow-flake appeared to be taking shape of an animal with horns, greatly resembling a goat. When the professor blew some wind into it, it flew around Constance and right into her hand before vanishing. Leaving a warm smile on the girl's lips.

"You see Constance. you are not as alone as you think you are," the white-bearded man said with a hint of amusement.

Dumbledore was ready to stand up and leave as he had said and found out everything he wanted, when the orphan stopped him.

"Will you come back?"

"You have my word," the older man told her just before he left the room, with only a small egg shapped wrapper left behind on the desk.

And that's where it all began. That was the moment when the big story started. The story that changed many lives.

###############
A/N: Hi!
Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it and I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes I'm still learning. Please tell me what you think.

Musicangel248