life's a bitch

(liam's neighborhood)

IF YOU STILL READ THIS IMA CRY.
please comment bc comments make my damn day like y'all legit put a smile on my face it's crazy. thank you so much for even getting this far WOW! (sorry in advance for mistakes)

red light indicates doors are secured - arctic monkeys

fell in love with a girl - the white stripes

505 - arctic monkeys (tbh this story is dedicated to this song)

l.p

i was sat in detention as the rain bucketed down onto the windows, turning the outside world into blurry colors and lights. andy was behind me with a pocket knife, gnawing and cutting into the desk and chatting with a kid with cornrows who sat beside him about some free porn site he had proudly found. it was like man discovering fire, everyone flocked to the conversation as if meant anything.

we were here on this late afternoon for many different reasons.

mine was breaking into school last night when i needed a place to crash and woken up lying across the carpet in the library with the principal standing over me. she pelted a dictionary at my head and dragged me by my ear to her office for a detention slip. andy's reason was for getting into a brawl at lunch time. there was swearing and shoving, as there is everyday at this school, but what made it all boil over into chaos was that the kid had shouted andy's biggest secret - and that was the fact he couldn't read. it resulted in andy's fingers ringing around an old, red brick that lay across the grass from an unfinished building and everyone watching in horror as he threw it against the back of the kid's skull. there was blood and screaming and andy earned himself a suspension and a month's worth of detention. danielle, his immaculately beautiful girlfriend, wasn't very pleased.

i gazed across the room at the viscous kids in here. there was a girl sitting in the back throwing pencils and rolled up pieces of paper at the teacher who sat at the front of the class and ignored it, even when it hit him right in the eye. andy and his new-found-friend who sat next to him were laughing and doing their best impression of what beating their meat looks like. bulging out their eyes and going cross eyed, they laughed and the teacher sighed in disappointment at them. as alarming as the kids in here were, i knew i could trust them.

my sister allowed me back into the house after a week. i had been through thick and thin all across town, cruising through homeless shelters and occasionally andy's garage for a place to sleep. it seemed like most of my jobs were beginning to distance themselves from me once they began to hire more people to work the cashier or clean up the stores. my pockets were getting lighter and i was culpable to my own pitiful desperation. somehow, through everything, tilly and her bar looked out for me.

she granted me a mattress to sleep on in the backroom where her desk and computer sat at and i couldn't thank her enough, despite it being rat infested. she said that it was her little hide away whenever her husband was acting like a petulant child. of course things weren't all peaches and cream because almost every night the pub was broken into by people three sheets to the wind and invoking for fuckery, yelling out for one more beer that would just hit the spot after a long night. this one man who was absolutely blitzed had managed to break a glass window and throw his porky body in, all whilst having a lit cigarette in his mouth and a one shoe on his foot. but of course it didn't work out very well for himself because once he had made it in, he had knocked himself out from the fall and remained completely unconscious.

the drunken pillagers were never asking for trouble, even when i would force myself out there and politely tell them to go some place else, usually having to drag their inebriated bodies outside on the pavement in the process. most broke glass or threw rocks, but one time i had woken up to the sound of someone throwing themselves down the chimney just for a tasteless, warm pint of beer. the thing that would always make me laugh is that tilly's bar is such a decrepit shit hole that she'd never bother to lock up the doors because there was nothing to steal, so whilst all these drunken idiots were almost killing themselves to get in, the entrance would be left open the whole time.