Prologue

L U K E

"Zoë, just give me 2 minutes, I swear!" I whined. My eyes were attached to the TV screen. My hands were clicking buttons on the controller like a second reflex,"Just let me beat Michael!"

"No, Luke!" She said, crossing her arms,"You've been on that game all morning! You're going to get up, right now and get some breakfast!"

"One second..." I muttered, leaning in, as if it'll make me win.

"Ok. You asked for it." Just as she said that, the controller was ripped out of my hand.

My eyes snapped up,"Zoë!

Her lips were pursed, and her eyes were filled with annoyance,"I told you. Now, you don't get it back until you eat."

I pouted,"Fine."

Michael laughed beside me as he won,"That's why I don't have a girlfriend! Too bossy." He said, nudging me.

My girlfriend raised an eyebrow,"Oh really? I just thought that nobody liked you." Michael rolled his eyes.

I slowly got up and grabbed her hand,"Ignore him. He's just lonely. You're wonderful." I glared and Michael,"And you're not bossy. You're just doing what's best for me, and I love you for that."

She gave me a fond smile,"Thank you, Lukey. I love you, too." She gave me a quick kiss before pulling me along to the cafeteria. I gave Michael one last look, before going with her.

First thing I noticed when we walked in was that almost everyone was gone. There was roughly about 20 people out of the 1880 people. By the gods, was I on the game that long? I looked at my watch and realized it was 1:12 in the afternoon.

"Wow..." I muttered, walking towards the food table and grabbing a plate.

"Oh, look! Luke isn't dead!" I looked to the right and saw Jason and Bianca laughing.

"Whatever..." I muttered, feeling the heat rushing to my cheeks. Once I put the syrup on my pancakes, I sat down beside Jason and Bianca. Zoë sat down beside me.

"So, what did Zoë do to get you here?" Jason asked.

"She took my remote controller, and she said if I didn't eat, then I don't get it back." I said simply, stuffing my mouth with pancakes. Zoë cringed at me, but said nothing. I smiled innocently, but didn't slow down.

"Slow down, Luke." Bianca said,"If you keep eating like that, then you're going to throw up during your training with Chaos."

I rolled my eyes, and swallowed,"Sure thing, mom." She only glared at me. I knew how much she hated to be called that and that's why I do it. I find satisfaction in annoying people.

"Speaking of training," I yelped as I was flipped out my chair and onto the floor. I groaned, but made no move to get up,"Come on, Luke! You're better than this." Chaos said, offering me a hand. Reluctantly, I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up.

"I think you broke my back." I muttered.

Chaos scoffed,"If I was an enemy, you would be dead. You wouldn't be bothered about your stupid back."

"Could've at least let me finish breakfast!" I complained.

"I was thinking about that, but then a thought occurred to me. This is revenge for the prank you pulled on me the other day." He said,"Now come on. Training time."

I groaned. He is never going to let me go for that. I followed him out of the cafeteria leaving behind 3 laughing friends. We walked side by side until we reached the training arena. I got into my respected area and grinned at Chaos. Chaos pulled out his sword and said the rules. I already knew them though. He's said it so many times, I've memorized it.

I pulled out my sword and Chaos groaned. I only smirked and smiled innocently,"What?"

Chaos snapped his fingers and a second later, he was holding another sword,"You now how much I hate that sword. It sucks, ok?"

"I quite like my sword." I complained.

"Luke. It sucks. You need a good sword if you're ever going to survive." He said tossing the sword to me, which lucky I caught. I put my old one on the bench and held the new one. It felt perfect in my hand. Weird,"Percy wanted to make swords that would instantly adjust itself to fit the person holding it. So I guess that's what we did."

My smile fell alongside my heart. Percy. He still hasn't been seen after less then 2 years. The winter solstice is coming up, and I know we all wish he shows up by then. What's if he doesn't show up, I thought, what if he's... No. I can't think like that. I must stay optimistic and hope he shows up otherwise-

My thoughts were cut off as Chaos accelerated towards me. My eyes widened, and I tried to dodge it, but he was too fast. He landed a blow on my right arm, making me drop my sword. He charged at me again,"I already told you this! Can't have distractions!"

I quickly step sided to the right and grabbed my sword. I winced as pain flared up my body, but I won't let that stop me. I met Chaos' sword with mine, and I gritted my teeth,"I know. You've told me a million times so far."

"Then why'd you get distracted?" He ducked and punched me in the stomach. I doubled over and stumbled back. He advanced again, but as we ran towards each other, I slid in between his legs, grabbing one last minute, making him fall face first. I quickly got up and put the point of my sword to his neck.

"Oh, come on." I whined,"Don't go easy on me." He smirked and kicked up. I jumped up, avoiding the attack. He took that split second to swiftly roll to the side. Once I landed, he kicked the back of my knees, making me fall to my knees. I quickly turned and allowed my sword to move with me. The sword cut a long strip on his abdomen. He stumbled back more in surprise rather than pain. I jumped to my feet and charged again. He dodged to the side, but I saw this move coming and I swiftly redirected my sword to make another cut to his left side.

He groaned,"Jeez, Luke." I took his quick disorientation to wound him again, but he ducked, grabbed my left arm and flipped me over. He put the point of his sword to my neck. He had me pinned.

I groaned,"So close!"

He grinned at me, and his eyes showed me how proud he was,"Better than before. Honestly, I was worried you would beat me for a second, but you left your left side unarmed." He offered me a hand, which I gratefully took,"Good job, Luke. I'm proud." I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips. I'm not gonna lie. I'm glad I made him proud. It made me feel good.

The happiness was soon wiped away as both Chaos' and my watch started to beep. My eyes widened and I looked at Chaos, who looked equally as shocked. He teleported us to his office, and Chaos clicked a few buttons forming a hologram. As soon as he did, Annabeth showed up. Her form flickered a bit, but it was ok.

"Annabeth? Hey, what's-"

"You guys have to come, right now." Her voice sounded frantic, and her eyes kept on shifting to the side.

Fear squeezed at my heart, threatening to burst at any second,"Annie, what's wrong? Is it an attack?"

She shook her head,"It's not an attack." I raised an eyebrow. Why would she call then?

"Then what is it?" Chaos asked, urgently.

"It's Percy."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Alright! Let's get back into this! First part up and I'm very proud. I have like 4 more parts ready, but I'm not going to post them all today, so you'll have to be patient. Anyways, I'm so exciting for this! It's very intense and full of suprises. Plus, Percy and Luke's relationship is stronger then ever. Tell me what you think so far, and I hope you enjoy!

~SuzyQ_