9. Things Must Go Wrong For It To Be A Quest

L U K E

We were back on the water after we all woke up. It was tense and awkward all morning because of the events last night, but I could tell we all tried to take our minds off everything by focusing on the quest. Today is the fifth day on the water, meaning Zeus is officially out to get us if Thalia hasn't woken up. We are all on high alert, knowing Zeus won't directly attack us, but he'll send someone to kill us.

"What are going to do when we get to Berlin? Where's the first place we'll look?" Percy asked us.

I looked at Annabeth, excepting an answer. She had on a thoughtful look,"I don't know, but if it's taking us to Berlin, we should look around the capital building. Maybe it's in it or around that area. First place I would go though is the capital building, but I doubt they'll let us in..."

I smiled,"Leave that to me. Sneaking in is my specialty."

She shook her head,"Well be ready with a plan because we should be arriving in about 20 minutes."

"Wonderful!" All our heads wiped to the side,"That gives me 20 minutes to kill you." There was at least 20 warriors on one boat. The leader, though, had what looked like silver armor. He had brown hair and blue eyes which were filled with amusement. At his hip, he had a Celestial bronze sword, ready to be used.

Instinctively, I pulled out my own sword. His eyebrow raised as he looked at the metal,"Well, what do we have here? A Chaos Warrior? Such a pity I'll have to kill you."

Annabeth scoffed,"Have fun trying!"

I shrugged innocently,"Who are you?" I asked him,"Did Zeus send you?"

His eyes flashed,"My father has his reasons..." He said stiffly, glaring at Percy.

Percy didn't even flinch,"Well, tell your dad he's being a drama queen." Thunder boomed above us.

He sneered,"You're lucky you are in your fathers domain, otherwise Zeus would have your head."

Before Percy could argue, I said,"So, come to kill us, yes?" I asked,"Is that why you need an army? Believe you're too weak to take us on yourself?"

"No! I can do anything on my own! I don't need them!" He said, voice cold and guarded.

I smirked. Just like his father,"Then take me on yourself."

"I shall!" He said, pulling out his sword.

"Swear on River Styx that if I win, you'll leave us alone?" I asked, stopping him.

"I swear! If you lose, then I get to kill the stupid sea scum!" He said.

"I swear by your terms." I said, thunder booming in the distance, sealing our oath. Percy stared at me in horror, but I simply smirked in return,"Come on, Perce. Have some faith!"

With that said, I jumped onto his boat, and made a cut on his right arm. He roared and attacked back. His boat shook back and forth as we dodged and attacked. I came close to falling off plenty of times, but I managed to stay up right. He swiped at my chest, but I quickly dodged. I tried knocking him off his feet, but he jumped, and landed on my sword. He put the point of his sword to my neck.