16. I Punch Percy 2.0, And It Hurts Me More

L U K E

My head spun as I fell to my knees. The room around me shook, knocking me to my butt. I groaned and struggled to open my eyes, not even noticing that I closed them tight. The giant box that was in front of me was gone. Instead, there was a small multicolored ball of light. Then, the shaking got worse, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part of the sudden screaming. I heard the screams of the people in the city, but far more louder then anything I've ever heard. It was just unbelievably loud, I was forced to close my ears.

I looked at my other two companions, but only saw Percy, also clutching his ears. I searched for Order and found him running towards the light. Realization struck me out of my state of shock.

"Percy!" I yelled, but I knew it was hopeless. He wouldn't be able to hear me. I hesitantly let go of my ears, and my eyes closed against my will, pain erupting in my head. I forced my eyes open, and they locked with Percy's. He pointed at his broken sword, then to me. I understood.

I pulled out my sword and slide it across the floor. Percy picked it up and got up as fast as he could, which wasn't very fast to be honest. I also got up and ran towards the light, determined to stop Order. Though, no matter how fast I ran, I knew I wouldn't make it in time. So, I pulled out two daggers, and slide across the floor. I threw both daggers as his hand reached out. One dagger plunged into his right palm while the other cut off his left hand, the one that was reaching for the light.

He howled in agony, pulling his hand back,"Stupid mortal hand!"

I got up off the ground, and reached him. Once I got close enough, I pulled my hand back and punched him square in the face. I heard a crack, but not sure whose bone I broke. He groaned, stumbling back, but I doubt he was hurt more than me. I let out a whimper, holding my fist in my other hand. I looked at it, and gagged. My knuckles were bloody and were already turning blue and purple.

Order growled at me, then he tried running past me, but stopped. The walls around us started to crumple into nothingness. Then the ceiling and the floor and soon enough, we were consumed into darkness.

"Luke?" I noticed my eyes were closed, so I forced them open. My vision was covered by Zoë's face.

I grinned,"Hey, Zo." I moved my head up to peck her on the lips. She smiled and moved back. I got up out of my chair and turned to look at Percy's body. He wasn't awake like me, no. Instead, he was glowing a dark purplish light. Then he started to shake violently.

Chaos took a step forward, deciding he needed to intervene, but Hecate stopped him,"Don't. It's part of the process to remove Order from Percy's mind. Plus, this is a painful stage for Percy. He may not show it, but he is in agonizing pain because he's gaining all his powers and memories at once."

Chaos winced as if it was him in pain. I could understand. Getting powers was very painful and getting it all at once is just unimaginable.

I was broken out of my thoughts and took a step back as I started to see two Percy's. I thought that my mind was still fuzzy from the previous events, but everyone was confused, not just me. Soon enough, we saw it clearly. There were indeed two Percy's, one still sitting and one standing. The one standing though, had white eyes. Chaos jumped in surprise, but quickly snapped his fingers, instantly putting some power draining chains.

"Great. Two Percy's." Michael grumpily said.

"Thanks...." The Percy sitting down groaned. He rubbed his head and opened his eyes,"Makes me feel so loved, Michael." Everyone smiled, tackling Percy in hugs. I decided to stay back and let them enjoy their reunion.