5. Can You Accept The Truth?

L U K E

All the gods glared at each other. Hermes sat down and stared blankly at the ceiling, which confused me a lot. Poseidon walked over to us, shrinking down to normal size.

"I doubt you boys will be allowed to go back in camp," He said, his eyes lingered on Percy,"You might want Annabeth to meet you somewhere, and leave for your quest." He looked away from Percy and met my eyes. I bit my lip as I saw how heartbroken he was,"I will not be able to help you on this quest, so monsters will attack you. Be careful, for we do not know what lies in Berlin."

"Thank you, Poseidon." I said, quietly,"Honestly, you didn't have to do all that. Threatening war only complicates things. Hermes is right. The campers will fight, and we're not quiet sure if Thalia will...wake." I said, eyes dropping at the end.

Poseidon put one hand on each of our shoulders,"But I will stick with my word, Luke." He gave me a fatherly look,"This quest may be the key, so we're depending on you to do your job." He glanced at Percy, who was staring at Poseidon in wonder. He leaned in and quietly said,"I'm depending on you to clear his name. Percy would never do that, and Zeus knows that."

I nodded,"I will. Percy's always helped me, so it's time to return the favor." He nodded, smiled at Percy before flashing out.

Percy stared at the spot where Poseidon once was,"Was he my dad?"

I looked at him, and smiled slightly,"Yeah. That's Poseidon."

"Why'd they say that we were close if they're gods? They aren't allowed to speak to their children, right?" Percy questioned.

I looked at my watch,"I'll tell you once we start our quest..." I muttered, clicking a button on my watch. After a couple seconds, a hologram of Jason showed up.

"Hey, Luke! Is everything ok? Cause' from down here, it seemed like Zeus and Poseidon were fighting." He said, voice and body flickering every now and then.

"No, but I'm sure Hermes will explain later. Can you tell Annie to meet us in the coffee shop across from the Empire State Building? Have her bring our bags as well." I told him.

He gave me a confused look,"Sure, but why?"

"Zeus is trying to kill us and we can't go back. I'll let my dad explain the rest. You're in charge until we get back, ok?"

"Ok..."

I nodded and closed the watch. I motioned for Percy to follow as I walked towards my dad. Once I got near, he said,"I heard. I'll tell him." He didn't look at me, instead he continued to look at the ceiling in defeat.

I sighed,"Mind telling me what's up?"

"What do you mean?" Hermes said, looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow,"Come on. Don't think I didn't notice how scared you were. It's unlike you, and I can't help but be worried. Now what's wrong?" He looked at the floor, yet stayed silent,"Please?" I said, a little softer,"I just want to help you, dad."

His eyes snapped up in shock. It's not everyday I call him dad. He looked at Percy and I nervously before sighing,"It's just, I've been having dreams, nightmares, visions, whatever you want to call them. It showed me this exact scene and more. I thought they were fake. Nightmares, but it came true. This happened, so what else is true?"

"When did this start?" I said,"What did you see?"

He glanced at Percy wearily,"Once Order was destroyed." After, he shook his head,"Let's just say, I foresaw Thalia getting hurt. I didn't know it would really happen though. Gods, Luke, the things I see. They're terrible..."