17. Stubborn? I Like A Challenge...

P E R C Y

As I looked around, I instantly noticed I was in my moms apartment. Except, everything in it is gone. Well, almost gone. Everything was currently in boxes, ready to leave the room. Remember, I thought, that you have to come back and collect all this. I stared at the one thing not in a box. The phone. I tried not to get too hopeful as I lifted it up. I looked at the screen, telling me that I had 3 voicemails. My hands shook at a pressed play on the first one.

"Hello, Mr.Jackson." The phone played,"This is Officer Jones from the police department. We are calling to inform you about Crescent Blofis, who you reported missing. She has been located and is safely in a foster care."

Relief flooded my bones and tears of joy pooled in my eyes. I put down the phone and looked around the room one last time before flashing to the address they said. I looked at the building I was now in front of. I felt like I had a thousand butterflies in my stomach, but I swallowed my fear and walked in.

When I walked in, I saw two people already at the front desk. The girl was probably about 5 feet while the boy was 5'6". The girl had short blond curls and a simple blue dress. The boy had short hair and a lot of facial hair. He had a leather brown jacket, jeans, and black boots.

"Uh, sir." I looked at the women who called me,"I can take you over here."

I walked over to her,"Hello." I said politely,"Uh, I believe my sister, Crescent Blofis, is here."

She type in her computer and then looked back at me,"ID, please." I summoned my drivers license and handed it to her. So after a lot of paperwork and 'persuasion' (totally not powers), they agreed to let me take her back. They left to go and bring her here.

"Sweet girl." I looked up. The blonde girl was looking at me,"Cress. I heard that all the other kids look up to her."

I couldn't stop the smile,"That's her alright. I knew she'd be a strong and bold leader as soon as I saw her." I remembered how she stepped out from behind my moms leg. How she confidently asked if I was her brother. How she calmly accepted me leaving.

"Diana." She held out her hand,"And that's my husband, Jacob."

I politely shook her hand,"Percy. Nice to meet you both."

Before Diana could say any more, the door opened. Behind the women was a girl. She was probably no older than 17. She had beautiful brown curls that was cut short and pulled back into a ponytail, with a few strands flying. Her striking blue eyes pained me just looking in them. She had on some dark blue glasses, and her facial expression showed that she anything but happy. She had on a purple shirt that said 'I'm the boss' and a light, blue jacket with black jeans.

"Cress..." I muttered, still shocked that I'm seeing her again.

"Percy." She said, bitterness lacing that single word, making me flinch.

"Right. Bitter to the core. I totally understand..." I told her, putting my hands up,"But trust me, I have a good reason."

"Hmm, this should be good." She said, crossing her arms.

I pointed behind me,"I'll explain on the way home."

"Home?" She asked,"I hope you're not talking about the apartment where my parents died."