14. Why Don't You Act More Like A Twin?

J A S O N

The throne room was quiet and tense. Everyone was looking at Zeus, who was glaring at Apollo. Apollo didn't seem to mind, though. Artemis looked quite upset, for she was glaring at the floor, and seemed to be avoiding her brothers existence. I couldn't stand the silence, so I stepped closer to Artemis.

"My lady?" I said, wearily.

She looked at me with a blank expression,"What?" She snapped, venom lacing her voice.

"May I-may I speak to you privately?" I asked slowly, not wanting to anger her more.

She scowled at me, but glanced at her father, who was now glaring at her, and nodded stiffly,"Of course. We can head to my camp." Quickly, and almost eagerly, she came by my side and teleported us out. The word 'camp' made me fidget, already knowing what was in store.

We flashed in the middle of a circle. A circle of hunters. They all bowed down upon seeing Artemis, but rose a moment later. A girl with black hair and dark brown eyes glared at me, making me shrink,"My lady, it's a pleasure to have you back, but may I ask why there is a boy in our camp?"

Artemis grunted, eyes unfocused,"Just leave us be. We have to talk about something private." She snapped, glaring at the girl.

The girl flinched back, staring at Artemis in shock. In fact, everyone was, including me. Artemis turned to me, making me take a step back,"You are only here so that I could get away from my father and Apollo, but I swear if you waste my time, I'll turn you into a jackalope, understand?" I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, making her narrow her eyes,"This is important, isn't it?"

"Well, it is important, of course, but you may not like the topic." I muttered.

Her face hardened,"What is it?"

"It's-uh-it's about your brother." I said, daring to meet her gaze.

Her eyes darkened drastically, almost the same way Apollo's did when I mentioned her. It just proves what their relationship is like. Artemis scowled at me, and crossed her arms,"And what exactly about my 'brother'?"

I looked around at all the hunters staring me down,"May we please take this somewhere else, my lady? I'd rather not talk about this in front of them. In fact, I was meaning to speak to Apollo instead, but he's, well..."

Artemis laughed,"I'm surprised you can stand all his stupid comments and terrible haikus."

All the hunters laughed, but I didn't. Instead, I just stared at Artemis,"You and I both know that you don't think that. I know that you care for him deeply, so why don't you do something to make him feel better, huh?"

They all stopped laughing, and glared at me, but looked at Artemis. Artemis growled, grabbed my shirt and practically dragged me to her tent,"You have 5 minutes."

I couldn't help the small smile forming on my lips,"Perfect. This shouldn't take long."

Artemis sat down at the far end, while I sat down near the exit. I felt sick as I asked my first question,"Isn't Apollo's behavior today worrying?"

She continued to scowl, rolling her eyes,"No, he'll be fine by tomorrow. Clearly something upset him, so he took it out on me. He'll get over it and move on, as always."