Finding The Girl

Gibbs lowered his gun once all the men had left. He then ran over to Abby who all but jumped into his arms. McGee and Ziva were behind him.

“Is everyone alright?” he asked them as he checked them out. From the first look no one seemed to have any serious injuries.

“Gibbs we have to do something! You can’t let them take her! She’s my friend, Gibbs...” Abby pleaded with him.

“Abby it's alright. We’ll get her back.”

“Promise?”

“I promise. Now let Ducky look you over. DiNozzo come with me.” Gibbs then headed out into the hall with Tony behind him.

“What’s up boss?”

“What happened down here?”

“I was bringing Abby down like you said, but when we got here there was no Ducky or Palmer. Then all these guys showed up with guns. We managed to find out they had Duck and Palmer when all of a sudden she came out of nowhere with her sword. It was like Electra or Kill Bill.”

Gibbs raised his eyebrow at him.

“Uh never mind boss. But anyway she just started slicing into guys like they were butter with her sword.”

Gibbs eyes shifted to the bloody sword on the ground in the middle of the room.

“I covered her the best I could but I ran out of bullets. Next thing I know Mr. German had Abby and five guns were pointed at me. She then tells them that she is worth a LOT of money to some people and if they let Ducky and Palmer go and leave she will let them collect on her. Abby tried to stop her but she didn’t seem to listen...” Tony trailed off.

“She saved Abby’s life.”

“And mine,” McGee said from behind them. They both turned to look at him. “I thought I was a done for. My gun had been knocked away and one was pointed right at my heart when all of a sudden she was there. She tossed the guy away and next thing I know she is breaking his neck with ease.”

“She probably saved all our lives,” Ziva added in.

“What do you mean?” Tony asked.

“For a while we were getting hammered up there. Then they all started moving down here. I heard one of them say something about a devil girl with a sword taking everyone out down here. At first I had no idea who they could be talking about but now...”

Everyone looked at Gibbs. Waiting to see what he would say. He was still unsure of the girl. There was something odd about her. Not many people could go against as many men with guns as she did and come out alive.

“ABS!” He walked back into the morgue.

“Yeah?”

“The people she was talking about, that would pay a lot of money for her. Do you know who they are?”

“No. No clue. I didn’t even know she was in trouble. The last time I saw her we were about 16. She kinda kept in touch here and there, but she was never one for sharing personal things. Except when we were kids...” trails off.  “Oh god! Gibbs you have to save her!”

“Abby I will.”

“But what if they try to...”

Gibbs grabbed Abby’s head and held it firm. “Abs. I will find her and bring her back before anything bad happens to her.”

A tear fell from Abby’s face. “Gibbs. She can't go through it again. It almost killed her when she was younger.”

“What Abs? What? Look normally I wouldn’t ask such things but you need to tell us everything you know about her.”