Meeting the... Wolf?

Faith had been surprised to see Gibbs and his team standing on the other side of her door. She had been annoyed to see her granddaughter was levitating Gibbs’s badge. It seemed no matter how many times she told Shyann, the girl still used magic in front of strangers. Faith had called out to her grandchild, making her lose focus and drop the badge. She had then gone over and scooped the child up in her arms before lecturing her in Latin.  Sure it was a dead language but everyone in Faith’s family spoke it fluently. She then told the child to go find her mother, Faith’s daughter. Faith had been hoping no one picked up on the grammy comment, but clearly they had as Ziva asked her the question.

Faith had gone hard and cold. How could she explain this to them. Sure she truly had been only 13 when she had had Kristina, but she couldn’t explain the fact that despite the fact that Kris only looked 20 she was indeed several hundred years. For Faith hadn’t had Kris in this lifetime but another. Kris being a werecheetah had lived most of her life as a 10 year old girl herself. It wasn’t until 10 years ago when Faith finally had enough magic to grow both Kristina and her now husband Laddie. Who was Star’s younger brother and a werewolf, that was also stuck as a child. It was also the same magic that made Shyann 8 when she was really only 3 years old. Sighing she finally turned around. Ok she could play this fine. Faith was only 29 now, well on the outside anyway. So she could make this work. Maybe.

“Yes Shyann is my granddaughter. Her mother is my daughter. I was 13 when I had her mother, Kristina...” Faith was interrupted as a woman with dirty blond hair and blue eyes walked into the room. She was tall and had tan skin like Faith.

“Mom... oh sorry I didn’t know we had guest...” the woman spoke, her voice soft and smooth, unlike Faith’s husky and rough voice.

“It’s alright Kris. Kris this is Gibbs, Tony, Tim, and Ziva. Everyone this is my daughter Kristina-Scott,” Faith introduced them.

“Hi. Everyone calls me Kristina or Kris. I won't bother you guys anymore I was looking for my daughter...” Kris looked to Faith who tilted her head to the side.

“She is outside playing with Laddie and Damien,” Faith told Kris.

“Alright thanks,” Kris said before walking off.

“You have a beautiful family,” Gibbs said.

“Yeah well, they're just a tiny fraction of it. As I was saying. I was 13 when I had Kris. I had ran away from home and was living on the streets. A man took me in and married me. He was 23. I didn’t care, as long as I had a roof over my head and food in my stomach. We were only married a month when I got pregnant. Not long after that I meet my husband's true side. He repeatedly abused me, raped me, and tortured me. When I was 7 months pregnant he stabbed me in the stomach because I forgot to do laundry. He then left me bleeding on the floor. Luckily a delivery person stopped by the house and saw me on the floor. They called 911. I had to go into surgery right away to stop the bleeding and save my kids.” Faith placed her hand on her stomach.

Of course on the outside she didn’t have a scar from what happened. The only scar she held was from when Buffy had stabbed her a few years back. She knew they picked up on the s at the end of kid.

“I was pregnant with twins. Kristina and I were the only ones to make it out of surgery. Her twin brother died before the ambulance had got to me. When I was stab the knife nicked his arteries and he bleed out in the womb.” Faith was looking down at the ground. Not able to meet anyones eyes. It took her awhile before she noticed that fact that she was crying. Annoyed with herself she rubbed her hand over her eyes before looking up at them.

It was then that she picked up on everyone else emotion. Gibbs and Ziva held anger for what had happened to her, but Ziva also held pity that Faith had to go through that. Tony and McGee mostly were sad and trying not to picture what she had been through. She was about to say something when a large gray with red wolf came into the room baring teeth. Faith watched as Gibbs and his team pulled their guns. Reacting quickly Faith jumped between the wolf and the group.