Revenge

Memories were still falling into place when Faith finally turned around to face Gibbs. At some point, she didn't know when, Arrow had left without being seen. Probably when things had gotten bloody. She looked around the living, not being able to look into his eyes for very long. She noticed they had made a bit of a mess. So she mumbled a few words and just like that the house was back to being clean, and everything that was broken was now fixed.

“I’m sorry.....” she said softly, trailing off. He walked over to her then and took her hands in his.

“No need to be sorry. I am glad you are ok now,” he said. He placed his hand on her cheek.

“Thank you,” she said as softly as before.

“For what?” he asked.

“For being true to me,” she replied.

It took him awhile to figure out what she was talking about, but then it clicked. She was talking about when they had been kissing earlier in the kitchen. Did she really think he would have took advantage of her? No, he could see it in her eyes. It wasn’t that she thought he would, it’s that everyone else would have. He rested his head against hers for a few moments before they parted.

“I have to go,” she said softly, pulling away from him. “They’re some people I have to see.” She then left him standing there in the middle of his living room.

Faith looked around her destroyed house. There was still bodies everywhere. As her eyes turned black as night everybody started to catch fire. Once there was nothing but ash her eyes changed to white. A gust of wind blew through the house then, first opening all the doors and windows, then blowing all the ash out of the house. Once that was done she noticed the hole in her floor from where the demons had come up from the underworld. Cursing to herself she ran her hand through her hair.

“Is it even worth it to fix it up?” Arrow said from behind her.

“Even if we don’t stay I will have to fix it up so it can go back on the market. So might as well stay here. It still has everything I want.... er need,” she said.

“You do have a point. If you are going to go through all the trouble might as well keep the house.” Arrow nodded.

Faith waved her hand over the hole and watched as it magically fixed itself. When that was done she looked around again.

“They attacked me and my family in my home. They put my granddaughter at risk. All for what? Someone needs to pay.”

“Faith don’t. I know what they did was messed up, but you can’t kill them. We have no idea the effects it will have. On everyone.” Arrow said trying to reason with her.

“I don’t care.” Was the last thing Faith said to Arrow before she flamed her way up to the Powers That Be.

Faith stood before seven people dressed in white robes, with hoods pulled up, covering their faces. The robs also hid body features that would tell any normal person what sex each of  them were. But Faith was not a normal person, and even then normal people usually couldn’t come up here. The only reason she could was because of her powers.

“You put my family at risk. For what. A stupid joke. Let’s take her memory away, but not her powers or anything like that,” Faith sneered.

“We didn’t intend it as a joke. It wasn’t supposed to go that way. We were trying to give you what you wanted,” They said. Their voices soft and calm.

“What I wanted? I never...” But she trailed off as she remembered. ‘She almost wished there was no such thing as magic and vampires and everything else.’ Damn it. She had thought that when the house had come under attack. “So what after all this time you finally decided to get off your asses and do something, only you screwed up. You put EVERYONE at risk because of you’re stupid stunt,” she screamed at them.

“Slayer you have to understand....”

“No you understand. You can’t pick and choose when you want to mess with our lives! Not after everything you bastards did. Including killing Buffy.”

“Buffy was a mistake. She never should have stayed the slayer, or even alive for that matter. She was supposed to die that day, at the hands of The Master, but she was brought back to life. Kendra didn’t have what it takes to last, but you. You...”

“Just shut up. I don’t want to hear it. Besides I died too. Hello vampire.”

“You are special slayer.”

“Ya well I am tired of you controlling our lives like we’re puppets. We are not here for you to pull on our strings.”

“Whether you like us or not we are here. Nothing you can do about it.”

“Wanna beat,” she said her eyes flashing red. A knife appeared in her hand then, the famous jackal knife that had been the beginning of her destruction so many years ago. In a flash she slit the throat of one of the robs. When she turned to the others she heard them casting spells, but they bounced off her. Their magic was weak compared to hers. She quickly moved through them until their was one left. She stood before the cowering male. Begging for his life, but she was a vampire. A soulless being, so to speak, and it was in her nature to take lives. She grabbed the male and pulled him closer to her as she ripped his hood off.

“Please don’t. If you take my blood....” But she cut him off as her teeth sank into his neck. But as soon as his blood touched her tongue she felt pain roaring through her insides. She wanted to pull away, but the vampire in her held on as it had not been feed in a long, long time. By the time she dropped his lifeless, and bloodless body to the floor the pain was completely unbearable. Her knees buckled out from underneath her causing her to fall to her knees in the pool of blood around her feet. She screamed out in pain, but no one heard her. Suddenly there was a ghostly figure before her. It was a woman, with long flowing black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her skin was a beautiful caramel color.

“You should have listened to him Faith. You are not yet ready for me, but because you took his blood you are now forced to have me. The power you have awakened you can not control yet. You are on newgrounds now. You are no longer the vampire that is the slayer. You are now a being more powerful than that. More powerful than you can even imagine,” The ghostly figure said. Her voice was also soft, but probably because she wasn’t a corporeal being.

“Who are you?” Faith said through gritted teeth.

“I am you. The most important you there ever was. I am the reason Demetrius and Pandora are with you, even though you never had me until now.”

“You mean....” She trailed off.

“Yes. I am the beginning. You’re beginning. The first child ever to be born from a vampire. A vampire that was also the first vampire to ever walk the earth. I am Nefertiti. Princess of all who are undead.” Before Faith could even wrap her mind around everything, the ghostly figure flew into her body. Faith screamed out in pain once again as the soul of her first life merged with the soul of this life. She blacked out after that.

THE END

------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Nefertiti and what does she mean to Faith? How will destorying the powers that be change her? And how will all of this affect the devoloping relationship between Gibbs and Faith. Find out in the next instalment, NCIS: Restoring Faith