Check Ups

When they got to NCIS she got out of the car and made her way towards the building. She knew she would likely have to go through security. Last time she was able to get in without having to deal with it at all, but this time she had Gibbs watching her so using mind control on the guards was not gonna happen. When she got to the security area she put her phone and card key into the little boxes and pushed it through the scanners. She watched as Gibbs and Tony by passed everything, but stayed there to wait for her. She could feel the eyes of everyone on her, but she still didn’t care. She was about to go through the metal detector when someone draped a coat over her shoulders. Reacting she spun around and grabbed the person’s wrist and bent it back. She heard gasps from the people around her and again she reacted quickly as she noticed the person in question was Gibbs. He never made a sound of pain, he had grimaced slightly and when she let him go he gave her a look.

“She’s with us.” Tony said to the guard who had a hand on his gun, clearly ready to take Faith out if she had been a threat.

Though he never would have gotten it removed from his holster if Faith had been in full act mode. Faith looked down. For once she was slightly sorry for hurting someone. She grabbed her phone and card key before following Tony and Gibbs out of the area and towards the elevators. Once they were in it wasn’t long before Gibbs pulled the emergency brake. Faith sighed and slouched before facing him.

“If you want me to say sorry I won't do it. I won't say sorry for protecting myself. Even if you weren’t attacking me...”

“I don’t want your apology,” Gibbs said. 

“Then what do you want?”

“We want to know if you’re some kind of military,” this is where Tony stepped in.

“Well... uh. Why does it matter?”

“Doesn’t,” was all Gibbs said. Another time when he spoke little but meant a lot. What he was really saying was it doesn’t matter, but we have seen you do some things that generally non military personnel would know.

Faith sighed and pushed the break back in, but Gibbs reached over and pulled it back out. He was waiting for some kind of explanation.

“I... can’t tell you alright.” She was hoping he would be ok with that, but when he didn’t move she knew he wasn’t.

“Why. Are you Black Ops? Secret Service? Mossad? I.C.E.? Oh! Men In Black!” Tony rambled on.

Faith chuckled lightly. “Tony do I look like a man to you?” She smirked to herself as Tony checked her out.

“You have a point there.”

“Look all I am gonna say is some of it was self taught from when I was a teen. The rest I learned after I was 16. That’s all I am gonna say.” She pushed the break back in and then stood in front of it so Gibbs couldn't pull it back out. When the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened Faith walked out. She had a feeling Gibbs wouldn’t let this go, not fully. But she couldn’t tell him she learned just about every style of fighting to rid the world of vampires and demons as the slayer. She walked the short hallway to the doors of the morgue. When they opened she walked in and then waited for Tony and Gibbs. She looked around, the last time she had been here she had been killing the sea of men in order to protect Abby and her friends. When Gibbs walked in he called out for Ducky. The little old man known as Ducky came out from the back area. She paid little attention to the talk Gibbs and Ducky were having. She knew what it was about. Gibbs wanted Ducky to see how she was doing after being shot so on and so forth. A few minutes later Ducky was standing next to her.

She took off Gibbs coat so the little old man could have a better look at her back. She stood there as he made noises and poked around.

“Are you sure you were shot my dear?” he asked her.

“According to Gibbs and crew over there ya.”

“You mean you didn’t notice?”

“Uh ya. Must have been the you know drugs and adrenaline rush” Or the fact that she hadn’t cared about it.

“Drugs?” Gibbs asked.

“Ya like sedatives of some sort. They drugged me when we got to their hideout. Or maybe it was before. Not sure. All I remember was being dragged out of here and placed in their van. Then waking up, and everything after that.” She shrugged. She watched as Tony, Gibbs, and Ducky exchanged looks. She sighed and stared forward. Still not caring about things. She could feel the slight poke of Ducky every now and then, and when he would ask something she would answer, but her focus was on a scalpel a few feet away. She heard those things were pretty sharp. They would make good weapons in a fight. Light and deadly. Before she knew what she was doing she was standing over by the table that held the scalpel. She picked it up and was looking at it when she heard someone say something.

“Oh my lord.” Ducky muttered.

Faith looked up to see what he was talking about when she noticed that not only was she by the little table stand thing, but she was still by Ducky, Gibbs, and Tony. Fuck. She must have astral projected in her state of staring in space. Thinking quickly she dropped the scalpel and projected herself back into her body. Blinking a couple times she then turned to face the guys. How was she going to explain this one? Maybe she wouldn’t. She looked towards Tony first. It wasn’t that hard to enter his mind and scrub what he saw. Ducky was a bit harder, but still easy. She was about to do Gibbs when she heard a loud ringing in her ear and she got dizzy. Which was something new for her. She shook her head and blinked a couple times. When that made her more dizzy she put her hands out to steady herself. Oddly enough her hands found Gibbs.

 “Are you alright my dear?” Ducky asked.

 “I think....” No matter how hard she tried Faith couldn’t shake the feeling overcoming her. “I uh... I should...” Panic washed over Faith. She had never not been in control of her body like this. And not with some petty human things either. Faith hadn’t felt like this in a long ass time. Since she had been human anyway. She gripped what she was holding onto, forgetting that it was Gibbs. She heard a few voices before darkness overtook her and she passed out.