Where Did She Go?

The next morning Gibbs was sitting at his desk waiting for the rest of his team to show up, There weren’t any cases on their board so they had a free day so far. He had been displeased to learn that Faith had sent Tony and McGee home last night. But it also made up his mind on what he wanted to do today and any day they didn’t have cases. More than once he had seen Faith’s remarkable skills, in both fighting and other things. But what still surprised him as her ability to still be lethal when she was hurt or had a disadvantage like not being able to see. The first time she didn’t do so much that really surprised them, sure she had guess everyone right and somehow knew why Tony and McGee had joined them down in the morgue, but that was it. It was mostly last night that surprised him.

If he hadn’t seen everything for himself he wouldn’t have believed it happened. He knew Faith had been in trouble when he saw the confused look on her face during her last round with her friend. Shortly after that she had gone down. Everyone else had assumed it was because the young girl had gotten the best of Faith, but he and his team knew better. They had moved quickly to her side to help her up. Even before they got her outside Gibbs knew she wasn’t able to see again, based on the blank look in her eyes as they moved her out of the bar. Despite not being able to see though she had disarmed him of his gun without even blinking. He wondered what else she was capable of.

Luckily he was soon to find out as the elevator ding and bickering let him know his team was finally here. Standing up he grabbed his stuff before walking by them.

“Lets go!” he shouted. He knew they were a bit put off, but this happened often. Only this time they weren’t going to a crime scene.

“Who died this time boss?” Tony asked.

Gibbs ignored the question until everyone was back in the elevator.

“No one DiNozzo.”

“Then where are we going?” Ziva asked.

“Faith,” Gibbs replied simply.

“To church?” Ziva asked as the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

Gibbs walked out, his team behind him. He didn’t bother answering for Tony was explaining it to her.

“No probe, we are going to see Faith.”

“Oh. Oh! The girl that trashed your suit last night?”

“She didn’t trash my suit...”

“She dumped trash on it,” McGee laughed.

Gibbs only half listened to their conversation. He had already heard about Faith’s sending of Tony and McGee home after he had told them to follow her to keep an eye on her. The story had amused and annoyed him. He had found it funny that Faith had gotten the best of Tony with dumping the trash on him, though he had been surprised to learn how she had done it. But he had been annoyed that she had sent his men home. Getting into the car he blocked out everyone’s bickering. He was mostly focused on what he wanted to do today, and if Faith would agree to such things. When they arrived at the hotel everyone got out of the car. As Gibbs made his way into the doors of the lobby he was a bit worried about what he would find up in her room. He wasn’t expecting to be stopped by a worker there.

“Excuse me sir. You’re here for the girl in room 27 right?” a worker asked him.

Gibbs had a bad feeling in his stomach about this.

“Yes. Why?”

“Well she checked out last night sir. She didn’t leave a note or anything, but I recognized you from my shifts these past couple days so I figured I would let you know,” the girl smiled softly before going back to work.

Gibbs turned around to McGee.

“On it boss.”

He watched as McGee got on his phone and did things Gibbs did not understand.  If he didn’t need a cell phone or computer for work he would have nothing to do with them.

“Do you think she hoped town?” Ziva asked.

“Skipped, Ziva. Skipped town,” Tony corrected.

“You know what I meant.”

“No she is still in town. I have her location here,” McGee said.

“Lets go.” Gibbs then made his way back outside and into his car. Following McGee directions they finally made it to 5146 Palisade Lane, where Faith was, according to her phone. He was surprised to see that they were at a very nice looking house.

“Maybe she went home with her friend,” McGee said as they got out of the car.

“One way to find out.” Gibbs walked up the walkway to the porch. As he looked to his left he noticed a porch swing. Going up to the door he rang the doorbell. They stood there for a few minutes before the door clicked open. Gibbs expected to see the girl or Faith behind the door, but no one was there. He glanced back to his team before calling out.

“Hello.” He then noticed a pair of gray blue eyes staring at him. He squatted down to look at the girl. She was about 8 years old. She had ginger hair, fair skin and a few freckles on her nose. Though they were hard to see. “Well hello there. Is their an adult we can speak too?” Gibbs asked the child. The girl opened the door more to look at everyone. Gibbs slowly stood up again, waiting for the child to do something. But when she didn’t make any movements he frowned slightly. Maybe the girl didn’t speak English.

He turned to Ziva, he knew she spoke different languages so maybe she could find one the girl spoke. He moved to the side to let Ziva get in close. He watched as she asked the girl questions in different languages. The girl still didn’t seem to respond to anything. Gibbs was about to call it quits when he noticed someone moving in the background.

“Shyann!” a familiar voice shouted.

Gibbs heard something hit the ground and looked down to see his badge laying there. He picked it up and hooked it back to his belt before looking into the brown eyes he had been looking for.

“But grammy...” the child pouted.

Gibbs was surprised as Faith went off in a different language and the child responded in the same as that Faith was using. He watched as Faith then put the child down and shooed her to somewhere else in the house.

“Now go find your mother, and please don’t call me grammy!” she shouted after the child before facing Gibbs. “So you’ve found me. How did you even know I left the hotel?”

“The lady at the desk informed us when we walked into the building.” Tony answered.

“Ah I see. Figures. Alright come on in.” She swung the door open for them to come in. She then walked into the house.

“So this is....” McGee started.

“My house. Now anyway.”

“I’m sorry but, you're a grandmother?” Ziva asked.

Gibbs watched as Faith stopped walking and every muscle in her body tensed. Normally Gibbs didn’t get involved in the lives of well anyone, but he was a bit curious about this. Faith seemed a little young to have a grandchild that was 8. Faith only seemed in her 30’s at the most. That means Faith would have had to been really young when she had the child if the child was anywhere in its 20’s. But it still didn’t add up because the kid was 8. So unless her child has also been young when she had her daughter. Everyone stood silent for a few moments before Faith finally turned to them.