8~ ♥Dear Ataraxia♥

Magnificent. The beauty that enclosed me stood higher than any mountain peak that surrounded Vancouver. It was breathtaking. Placed ideally between Coast Mountains and the Pacific ocean. It's majestic natural elegance was captivating. It was enough to make your heart take a pause. 

       Three months ago I was unsure if I made the right decision to move here, but as I stood in front of the full panel floor to ceiling window, gazing at a view that made my heart smile, I knew I had made the correct choice. A smile has been stained on my face since I've come here, never leaving even when sleep overcame me. I was at peace, a warm feeling of serenity captured me and I was happy it hadn't left me.

        Turning around, my eyes swept over the decor of my room. A deep maroon color washed up and down my walls, framed mahogany wood encrypted the outline of the walls. Mesmerizing pictures of the beautiful city and nature decorated the walls. Leaving an earthy feel to the room. I would never tire of this, never get bored of the tranquility it brought me. This is all I'd ever wanted. 

        I'd left my life back in Seattle three months ago, but it didn't feel that way. It felt like for once in my life I was actually living. For once I didn't feel hollow, like I was breathing but air never reaching my lungs. Instead the air wasn't only reaching my lungs, it was reaching everywhere. I was working in my father's hotel, The Hypnotic,  as an accountant and receptionist. I loved it, finally I was putting my accounting degree to good use. I'd made many new friends, ones who genuinely cared about me and my happiness. It was amazing, being here made me realize many things but the most important lesson it taught me was, I'd never put a man before myself again

       I was given today off, which meant I could enjoy the festivities the city brought. A sinuous path of excitement bubbled through me as I picked an outfit appropriate for today's weather. Choosing an enchanting form fitting red long sleeve shirt, black vest and distressed light blue skinny jeans, I threw the outfit on and smiled as I tried to decide which shoes I should pair it with. Spotting my black knee high boots, I glided them on before grabbing a black overcoat, my keys and purse. I double checked to make sure my room door was locked before exiting the building and walking towards my car. 

         I was so lost in thought I didn't notice my friend Leila waving at me. When I had she was already jogging in my direction. 

"Hey girl." She greeted me while trying to catch her breathe. I laughed at her before sparking up a conversation. She was truly gorgeous, her black curly hair flowed graciously down to her shoulders. Her face delicate like a flower, no blemishes marked her. Her complexion was breathtaking a beautiful shade of caramel. Leila had deep brown almond eyes, eyelashes so thick and long they only drew to the beauty of her face. Her face was round but not in a bad way, no, instead it only enhanced her dimpled cheeks and high cheek bones. She was a sight that many guys wooed over and I couldn't blame them. She was graceful, charming and elegant. She wore a small frame, standing roughly at about five foot two. I only knew her for three months but she welcomed me like she'd known me for a lifetime. We ended our conversation as she leaned in and gave me a big bear hug. 

"Have fun today honey, you deserve it." She said as she let go and gave me a meaningful, reassuring smile. I only nodded my head in response before turning to walk away toward my car.

A smile illuminated on my face as I thought about my plans for today.

******************

        A short while later I arrived at a local coffee shop sitting perfectly in the middle of downtown Vancouver. The scenery that surrounded it was bewitching, windows stood tall, making the view that much more exquisite. Nervously I pulled out my phone to check my messages. He was here.. I paced myself before turning off my car and heading inside the little coffee shop. I stood on my tip-toes looking through the crowd before I spotted his hand waving me over. My heart felt like it was going to explode and my mind swam deep in thought as I strolled towards him.