Ch. 15 Fit in the Pieces

(Art above is mine.
Oh my god you all are too sweet.. also, 4.8K?! I never expected this.. This is the most reads I've gotten.. Thank you! I can't say how grateful i am that you like my stories and me in general!
I also want to do a small poll. Who do you think the mystery man was in Ch.14?
(A). Tord
(B). Paul/Pau *Patryk requested not to use his name but I dunno what to call him. I'll call him Paul with a different last name* or Pat
(C). None of the above. Comment your answers!)

//Tord's POV//

My heart skipped a beat as I held Tom close. Everything was perfect in that one moment. Two puzzle pieces..

But they didn't fit...

If you cut a piece of a puzzle piece off of one then it would be able to fit, right? Or do you just move on and try to figure out the rest of the puzzle easier? It wouldn't be picture perfect if you cut a piece off, but would that really even matter?
Who cares if it's picture perfect... Is it that way for other people? Do they find out their entire story at the end, the final piece clicking? Or are they a messed up picture snapped and glued in place, trying to recover what it did wrong?

I leaned back, Tom removing himself from me. He sighed a little, "I'm... Going to see Edd.." he murmured and shuffled out of the room.
I glanced at a conspicuous portrait on the wall, glaring as I put my hands behind my head.
My chest clenched tight with an emotion and feeling I couldn't explain.
It felt like inward excitement with a mix of nostalgia and fear. It sent shivers up my spine and even pleasurable ones up and down my sides.
I weird sensation, I'd say.

After a few minutes of letting the feeling dull as I had to advert my gaze from the picture, I stood up and straightened the bottom of my hoodie with a huff. I wonder what I did wrong to make him leave so suddenly, or it was as if he was hiding something..

Like me...

I shook my head to rid of the thought and walked out of the room, glancing around at the open and closed doors I passed on the way. I heard whispering from one, and pressed my ear against it. I furrowed my brow as I tried to listen.
(Person A: Italic
Person B: underline)

"...I don't know, do you think so?"
"Dude, I'm positive! I mean, besides him I know.. Someone else that really likes you..."
"Really? Who?"
"That's not important- what is important is we focus on you, okay? Now, repeat to me what happened."
"It's all a real blur.. It went so fast I could hardly process it.. I just remember a kiss and.. I don't know, okay? Why are we even in HERE anyways?"
"We are hiding, and to hide you need to keep your voice down, okay?"
"My voice is perfectly low!"
"As in pitch. Now be quiet! Someone may start to hear us..!"

I reached for the door as I blocked them out, only hearing faint gibberish as I gave the doorknob a frightening jiggle.
Someone turned on the sink, flushed the toilet, and I could hear scampering.
Tactics.. They were making noise to make it seem like they didn't just climb out the bathroom window. Suckers. I'll get those two later.
Bad part about that was.. I don't even know who they were! It was most likely Tom and Edd, but the voices didn't sound like it. They probably crawled out the window to make it look like they weren't having sex in the bathroom or something.
The thought made my heart sink.

Two perfect pieces.

(Hi Guyss!! I have something for you to please read!!:
I know I rant of school a lot, but on Friday we have a test in Industrial arts/Wood shop and the bad part is.. If I don't get a 80% or higher I don't get to use the power tools and I don't get to retake the test. I've never been in woodshop and of course everyone else in my class knows everything about it. I feel so out of place and I'm actually terrified of Powertools? I don't even know what I would make in that class...
So can you give me tips or something..? Have you guys ever been in IA? How's the Power tools- or have you worked with some..?
I'm such a sheltered kid lmao sorry I probably sound really dumb)