Ch. 24 Igniting Trust

(My cats just laying on me asleep while I'm writing this. It's hard to write but I'm gonna try
Also btw am I the only one that likes JonxEduardo or
Btw I'd totally be up to roleplay it I know I'm horrible.
And art at the top is mine! I haven't drawn Eddsworld so sorry)

//???'s POV//

I stared at Thomas, and I couldn't help but grin. I got a small packet of smoker friendly short reds out of my breast pocket and took a cigarette out. He watched me cautiously, making me chuckle. "I'm really not. I'm just here to use this big machine thing on you and have everything be better again. Sad, I was hoping you'd still be asleep. Did ya' have a nightmare or something?"

I could tell that he was lost in thought so I took the moment to take out my lighter and light the cancer stick.
"Fire." He spoke suddenly, making me look up and put my lighter away.
"There was fire... I can hear screams from it, still.. It was so real." The way he spoke sounded out of breath, confused, and shocked to say the least. I only hummed in response and took a long drag out of my cigarette.
"There was a blast.. I got hit.." his voice wavered so I went over to him and looked at him. He was starting to cry.
"Why you crying, boy?" I asked and blew some smoke in his face.
He didn't seem fazed, which surprised me, and just answered me. "I want to see Tord.."
Tord?
Tord.

I haven't used that name in awhile, unless I'm not under cover. It's.. Not okay to call someone of his status just plain ol' Tord.
I mean, who would name their kid Tord?

"Why's that?" I asked and glanced down at him. "He's hurt.. I think.. I can't remember exactly what happened but in my dream I believe he was hurt and I need to see him!" He started to struggle against his restraints and I snickered. "Silly, Thomas. I can't let you out yet. But I'll let..."
I glanced over to the wall.
"Tord... see you."

He sighed in relief but it was soon cut off with a small yelp as I put my cigarette out on his neck, leaving a burn mark to form.
I snickered and turned to leave, and right as I was at the metal door he yelled "WAIT!"

I stopped and slowly turned to him, raising a brow. "What's your.. name..?" He asked cautiously.
My name. I never thought he'd ask that question. "The name's Paul. Paul R."
With that, I opened the metal door with a terrifying squeak and left.

//???'s POV//
It's me.
I'm the one who told you I have a secret! It's just such a WONDERFUL secret!
I don't know if him with high status knows it yet, and I don't know what would happen if he found out. It's a rule that we can't have secrets like that. On a brighter note, we erased all of the townspeople's minds. Well, tried too. One of them is in the hospital. I don't know if that's because of us or not, though.

But, can you guys keep a secret?
This is very vital, and you can't tell anyone.
Nothing is as it seems. It's dumb, but true. There's one person you can't tell, and even though it seems obvious you may be wrong- but you may be right.

You just can't trust anyone.