Ch.19 Shadeless Truths

//Tom's POV//

Everything was grey. Grey, black, and white. The colors danced on top of each other like little stars in the night sky. Everything looked almost perfect in the moment. My vision was leveled to the ground and everything seemed peaceful.
I could spot every little detail of dew on the grey strands of grass, every little ant that scurried in the uneven pieces of dirt.
I slowly blinked as the monotonous colors turned back to their original, still dull but colorful, state. I hauled myself up once the realization hit me of what Tord just did.
He shot me with something that I could only identify as a "blaster". As everything pieced together little by little I could feel the numbness on my body fade and it was soon replaced with agonizing pain.
I slowly propped myself up on one of my arms, the other one I noticed was broken. I didn't pay the most attention to that one, though, I was more focused on the man that just tried to kill me.
In all honesty I'm confused as to why I'm not dead, maybe he just wants to torture me before I slowly succumb to the aching feeling of blackness.

"You bastard..." I said loud enough for Tord to hear from his robot. I couldn't see him this far away from the cockpit, but I could sense the devilish grin he was giving me.
I felt ready to give up, and honestly I could. There's was no purpose for me to fight. He won't believe me, and if he does I know how his mind works. Its too late for him to just abandon his rampage, he'd cause more distraction because he'd get mad at himself for thinking such false accusations.
I opened my mouth to speak, tears filling my sockets, before I got interrupted by a familiar Brit.
"TORD, LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" I heard Matt scream, and it even made me flinch. I was in a pretty vulnerable state, could you blame me?

When I looked over I froze, and I swear I could hear a coin being dropped or glass being broken and cracked.
Tord pivoted the robot to look over at Matt, and even I could see he faltered.
Matt was holding a corpse. Not any corpse, Edd's corpse.
I felt like puking, this had gone far enough.

I love Tord.. Well, used to I guess, but Edd's the one who brought us together.. He's the one that helped us all through our bad times. He's the happy, fun one that always wanted to go on adventures and explore while we were bored.
Now... It seems like we won't get to enjoy that at all anymore.
"M-Matt!" I called over, having him look at me. "Call an ambulance!"
He hesitated but nodded and ran back inside.

I adverted my gaze back up to Tord, now scared for my life.
I was before, but this sort of increased my fear.
"Well," Tord began, looking over to me. "I guess your boyfriend isn't here anymore. I was really hoping to just teach you a lesson without hurting anyone else, but that works too, I guess."

"DONT YOU SEE WHAT YOUR FUCKING DOING?!" I screamed, tears starting to run down my cheeks now.
As i trembled with anger I got up, holding my bad arm. I slowly started to walk to his robot.
"YOUR NOT DOING ANYTHING REASONABLY! YOU JUST KILLED EDD! YOUR NOT BELIEVING ME, SO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!"

"I want you to tell me that you love m-"

"HOW CAN I, TORD?" I was sobbing by now.
"HOW CAN I TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU AFTER ALL OF THIS SHIT? AFTER YOU SHOT ME, PRACTICALLY KILLED EDD, UPSET MATT, BLEW UP THE NEIGHBORS HOUSE AND NOT TO MENTION YOU FUCKED UP OURS!"
I panted, anger fueling me. Tord stayed silent though, making no move to try and stop me.

"It's a sad truth that I did love you once.." I murmured too quiet for him to hear.