New Earth - Two

The Doctor placed the phone back down. "Somethings doesn't seem right with Rita" He mumbled looking at Rose and frowning trying to think. "I know we don't really know her yet but she definitely isn't acting like she was earlier" He sighed looking at Rose for her input.

"It's probably just being on a new planet" She rolled her eyes at the Doctor. "You always overthink things.

"Someone has to" He smirked and then walked away noticing the Duke looked much better.

"Didn't think I was going to make it." The Doctor heard the Duke speaking to Clovis. "It's that man again!" He beamed at the Doctor and then Rose "He's my good luck charm." The Duke patted Clovis' arm and then waved to the Doctor and Rose "Come in. Don't be shy."

"Any friendship expressed by the Duke of Manhattan does not constitute a form of legal contract," Clovis added, smiling to the Doctor and Rose clearly a lot happier that the Duke was somehow much better.

"Winch me up. Up!" The Duke ordered Clovis and then smiled at the Doctor and Rose once again. While Clovis pressed a button on a remote causing his bed to slowly move upright. "Look at me. No sign of infection." He showed his arms to the Doctor and Rose who were both frowning rather confused.

"Champagne, sir? Ma, am?" 

"No, thanks" the Doctor replied as they both shook their heads at the waiter who had a few glasses of drinks on a tray. The Doctor then turned to the Duke and continued to frown once more.

"You had Petrifold Regression, right?" He asked looking at the Duke's arms and then the solution hooked up to the Duke.

"That being the operative word. Past tense. Completely cured." The Duke chuckled slightly at the Doctor and Rose.

"But that's impossible." The Doctor mumbled and turned to Rose wondering what she thought of the situation.

"I thought you liked impossible?" She crossed her arms, raised a brow and smirked. The Doctor then smirked back at Rose.

One of the cat nurses walked over "Primitive species would accuse us of magic, but it's merely the tender application of science."

"How on Earth did you cure him?" The Doctor turned around to face the nurse cat, with Rose just behind him.

"How on New Earth, you might say." The Nurse grinned ignoring his question.

"What's in that solution?" The Doctor moved his eyes back up to the solution still connected to the Duke and then back to the nurse waiting for an answer.

"A simple remedy" the nurse generalised her answer continuing to grin.

"Then tell me what it is." said the Doctor raised his eyebrows.

'"I'm sorry. Patient confidentiality." the nurse slightly narrowed her eyes "I don't believe we've met. My name is Matron Casp." Matron nodded slightly at the pair.

"I'm the Doctor and this is Rose" he smiled while Rose waved at the cat.

"I think you'll find that we're the doctors here," Matron said closely watching the Doctor and Rose.

Jatt poked her head between Matron and the Doctor "Matron Casp, you're needed in Intensive Care"

"If you would excuse me" Matron nodded to Rose and the Doctor, then turned walking away with Jatt as the Doctor watched the pair closely unable to hear what they were saying.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"This Doctor man is dangerous" Chip had a concerned and worried expression on his face. He honestly cared for this woman so much. Rita felt sorry for him knowing the short life he had and what happens at the end of the episode.