The Girl in the Fireplace - Two

"Every time." The Doctor mumbled breaking the minute or so of silence. "It's rule one. Don't wander off. I tell them, I do." Rule one. There could be anything on this ship." He groaned seeing that Rose or Mickey was nowhere to be found.

"Like a horse?" Rita suggested.

"What do you mean like a- oh" he said as a white horse trotted its way around the corner in the view of the pair.

"Hello there aren't you pretty"

"well thanks I do- oh" he said seeing Rita walk right past him and to the horse patting it lightly.

"You're very pretty too Doctor" Rita joked giggling a little and rolling her eyes continuing to pat the horse. "Are you lost?" She asked it obviously getting no response.

"We better-" before he could continue Rita climbed on top of the horse sitting on the saddle and giggling a little more. "Nice view up here Doctor, I'm taller than you now"

"Oh you're still shorter than me" he chuckled shaking his head. "Come on then we need to find Rose and Mickey"

Rita let out a sigh and jumped off the horse then walking over to the Doctor, following him once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Rose?" The Doctor spoke aloud Rita walking beside him as they tried to find her and Mickey. Rita noticed that the horse was following them and giggled at the sight.

The Doctor noticed what she found so funny and turned around stopping in his tracks, pointing at the horse snapping at it. "Will you stop following her? She's not your mother."

"Oi" Rita hit him lightly. "She has a name thank you very much."

"Right now, she Cheeky" He smirked.

"That's Rita to you, both of you" She pointed at the Doctor raising her brows then at the horse. The Doctor shook his head lightly then noticed a pair of white wooden doors and opened them Rita groaned a little raising a hand over her eyes to shielded them from the light outside.

"So this is where you came from, eh, horsey?" He asked. "Come on cheeky" he gestured to Rita to follow as she shook her head. He quietly walked over to a wall and watched Reinette, Rita soon joined in and leant on the wall next to him.

"Ooo spying on Reinette fun for us" Rita giggled at the Doctor who gave her a playful glare while he tugged her down hiding behind the stone wall.

"It's not spying," he paused thinking of the right words. "More like us making sure she's okay"

"Looks fine to me" Rita peaked up looking over the wall next to the Doctor. She couldn't hear what was being said but remembered it was something about the king from knowing 'the episode' thankfully the Doctor could hear what was being discussed thanks to his 'superior Time Lord DNA' so he calls it. "So what are they saying" He looked at her frowning with his 'well you should know foreknowledge and all' expression. "I can't remember everything I'm not you." She read him like a book then rolled her eyes something she noticed she was now doing a lot. Cheeky? Maybe he was right about the brunette.

"Madame de Chateauroux is dying" He spoke bluntly telling her what she asked to hear. "Someone asked if Reinette loves the King." The Doctor turned pulling Rita down. "Sorry" he whispered. "She turned this way, don't think she saw us" he slowly rose up again looking over the wall Rita joining him. "Ooo theres a ball and madame de pompadour will dance with the King and become his new mistress" Rita wrinkled her nose. "I hate dancing, never have been good at it, neither have you" She laughed quietly. "'Rose! I've just remembered!'" She quoted "'I can dance! I can dance!'" The Doctor scrunched up his face at her. "You know it's really creepy that you remember that stuff and you wasn't even there"