The Satan Pit - Two

"Yeah, the junction in Habitation Five's been opened. It must be the Ood they're in the tunnels!" Zach exclaimed through the comm.

"Well, open the gate" Danny started to press up against it waiting for it to open.

"I've got to get the air in!" Zach protested.

"Just open it, sir." He begged for Zach to open the gate.

"Where are they? Are they close?" Rose asked her voice shaking.

"I don't know. I can't tell. I can't see them. The computer doesn't register Ood as proper life forms." Zach desperately tried to get the air in as soon as possible.

"Whose idea was that?" Rose sarcastically asked breathing a little faster due to how thin the air was getting in the tunnel they were in, the others were definitely noticing as well with how fast they all now started to breathe.

"Open the gate!" Danny demanded now pounding on it again, sweat clinging to his forehead and palms due to the enclosed space around him. As if a prayer was answered the gate slid up allowing them to continue Danny scrambled into a mobile position identical to the one before crawling on his hands and knees extremely quickly through where the gate once was.

"Danny, turn left. Immediate left." Danny followed turning the left Zach had pointed out for him, Rose and Rita followed behind with Toby and Jefferson after.

"The Ood, sir. can't you trap them? Cut off the air?" Jefferson suggested to Zach turning his head around slightly to check that the Ood were not behind them.

"Not without cutting off yours," Zach replied through the wrist-comm he then looked at the screen, his eyes growing wide. "Danny, turn right. Go right! Go fast, Dan. They're going to catch up!" He shouted Danny picked up the pace moving as fast as he could not wanting to die from a 'slave race'

"I'll maintain defensive position." Jefferson stopped.

"You can't stop!" Rose protested.

"Jefferson with us now!" Rita shouted ordering him to not stop.

"Miss Stone, Miss Tyler, that's my job. You've got your task, now see to it." He protested risking his own life for the others.

"You heard what he said, now shift." Toby hissed at them both wanting to get away. Jefferson moved to lean against the tunnel watching the others crawl away, the Ood turned the corner and appeared crawling towards him there red eyes pearcing into his. Jefferson braced himself then began to fire at the Ood causing the first few to fall and the ones behind to crawl over the deceaced.

"Eight point two. Open eight point two. Zach!" Danny started to bang on the gate again hearing the gun fire echoing in his head panicking him even more. "Open eight point two!" He screamed again.

"I've got to aerate it," Zach shouted back.

"Open it now!"

"I'm trying."

"Danny, stop it. That's not helping." Rose pulled his arm stopping him from possibly damaging the gate causing it to never open.

"Zach, get it open!" Toby then began to panic.

"Jefferson, I've got to open eight point two by closing eight point one. You've got to get past the junction. Now move. That's an order, now move!" Jefferson pulled out his pistol firing it a couple of times before it clicked empty, he then began to retreat towards the others.

"I'm going to lose oxygen, Jefferson, I can't stop for your dramatics!" He made the quick decision to open the gate allowing Danny, Rose, Rita and Toby through.