Fear Her

I know this isn't the usual update scheduled but I had an extra chapter edited and ready to publish.

"Ah." The Doctor hummed looking at the small gap between the TARDIS and the cargo container outside the door. He stepped back closing the door again and Rita looked up from the jump seat frowning.

"Something wrong?" She asked standing up. "I thought we were going somewhere? Rose just went to change" she pointed to the hallway.

"Yeah" he rubbed the back of his neck walking towards the console. "We landed on the wrong planet, turns out we landed somewhere where the air is toxic to humans" he pursed his lips, Rita tilted her head a little giving him a 'do you think I'm stupid?' face.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" She asked him. "All you had to say was that she was facing the wrong way, now you look like an idiot" she chuckled.

"Who's an idiot?" Rose asked a skip in her step as she walked towards them both at the console.

"The TARDIS was facing the wrong way" Rita paused glaring at the Doctor. "Again"

"Lemme guess, air toxic to humans?" Rose raised a brow crossing her arms.

"He used that one on you as well?" She asked looking at Rose then the Doctor.

"Of course he has" she laughed. "Doesn't want to say he was wrong"

"Have you two had enough of being rude now?"

"Nope" Rita shook her head then started to laugh.

"Enough of standing around because that's no fun." The TARDIS wheezed dematerialising and then materialising again. The Doctor ran to the door and opened it. "Ah!" He said much happier this time. They walked out and Rita automatically knew where they were.

"So, near future, yeah?" Rose asked looking at a poster on a wall.

"For you, not for me" Rita crossed her arms. "2012, five years in my past, I was in Cornwall around this time five years ago in my universe."

"What were you there for?" The Doctor asked.

"A holiday, get away from Bath and London, oh the joys of the countryside" Rita muttered. "Windy and very hilly in Cornwall" Rita waved a finger at them following the Doctor.

"Anyways I had a passing fancy of coming here. Only it didn't pass, it stopped." He grinned. They walked down the street and came up to a street of houses, there was a bunting with '2012 Olympic games' written on it. "Thirtieth Olympiad." The Doctor told them both looking up at the sign.

"No way!" Rose gasped. "Why didn't I think of this? That's great."

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about, wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood around baying." The Doctor stopped talking slightly frowing. "No, wait a minute, that was Club Med." Rita let out a snort of laughter. The Doctor glanced at her playfully then continued to talk. "Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony, tonight, I thought you'd like that." He looked over to Rose. "Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap, what was his name?" He continued to walk down the street oblivious to Rose and Rita stopping, watching a man place a missing person sign then walking off.

"Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet." He mumbled on.

"Doctor," Rose called. The Doctor ignored her continuing down the street.